Topic: Voting system

This might be a bit haphazardly thought out, but bear with me.

Currently we have two player-made systems of corp-goverment in Perpetuum, the Capitalist (NIC trading) and Communist (Bartering). None of these systems are "supported" with in-game features, except for the internal corporation market feature. This polarizes the game and forces players to choose between giving their stuff for stuff, or giving their money for stuff - either way in most cases they are perpetual "grunts" in their corporation.

One feature I would like to see is a in-corporation voting system which would incorporate following;

1. The current CEO of the corporation should be able to set which "officer roles" (cba to list PR manager, HR manager etc) are open for the corporation to vote on.

2. The CEO position is always available for a vote to be called by a Deputy CEO.

What this feature would allow for, is for corps with inactive CEO's to vote in new blood (srsly how many corps died because the CEO went inactive?), for democratic corporations to rise; and more importantly for some in-corporation political manuevering. Not happy with the CEO's decisions to involve your corporation in a war? Try to vote him from office.

This could later be translated in alliance-features, so no corp can forever be "chairman of alliance" or whatever its gonna be called, and everybody else can either go their way or the high-way.

It would implement a whole new level of being a responsible CEO, not just toward neutral corporations, but towards your own corporation as well. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

2 (edited by Tupha 2011-08-12 03:52:33)

Re: Voting system

/signed love the idea and it makes perfect sense

Syndic are you feeling ok big_smile

you mean copy one more EVE feature ? :-) yes this would be nice.

How should it work? F.e. CEO makes some decision. Most of his corpmates are disagreed and vote "NO" What should happen then, especially in case he's don't really care about voting results?

Without any restriction mechanics, such voting doesn't seems really necessary. Even right now you can ask to type + or - in corpchat to understand what people think. So will it be just some graphic feature that changes those + and - in corpchat, or something else?

And clear please CEO mention. Should it be some kind of CEO/officer election system that automatically grants all the necessary rights to an election winner?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

If a CEO becomes inactive or does things the members do not like, then create a new corp and move to that.

Make the CEO vote after he is offline for more than 20 days? Sometimes is not that easy to "just make a new corp" if you made a name in the game already. Or sentimental reasons.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Option doesn't hurt anyone. If nobody calls vote, then there is nothing to vote on. In a way it discourages zerg-recruiting. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Nice idea, for a change! Hur hur big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Always nice to have an option that isn't make-new-corp-if-you-dont-like-ceo smile)) for above reasons.

Probably not one of the most importnat things to implement currently, but improves the social aspect of the gameplay nevertheless.

+1.

10 (edited by Celebro 2011-08-12 11:10:58)

Yes +1, game lacks in corp features. Also a 'shares system' also feels being more part of the corp too.

RIP PERPETUUM

Norrdec wrote:

Make the CEO vote after he is offline for more than 20 days? Sometimes is not that easy to "just make a new corp" if you made a name in the game already. Or sentimental reasons.

not only that.

Corp Ceo may have set up corp storages in a fashion that prevents any1 else in corp from accessing them (no co-ceo, no lvl4 storage manager)

Or the CEO got banned for some reason...

Voting system should also weight votes of older corpmembers higher then younger ones.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Corp shares is a good way to weight the vote, to reward participation, and to give the membership some skin in the game.

I think I'm actually going to do this Meta-game with PIE, thanks for the idea Celb smile

13 (edited by Yum Yum 2011-08-12 18:19:11)

If the Corporate CEO IE Guild leader goes inactive, every MMO out there has told there members to submit a ticket to support unless there was a specific mechanic to assist with this.

so if your CEO goes poof submit a ticket its most likely the same way here as it is in other games.

How ever the ability to vote on stuff to get a pulse of the corp is something that i defiantly would like to see. how ever it hasn't been in any other games i have seen.

Arga wrote:

Corp shares is a good way to weight the vote, to reward participation, and to give the membership some skin in the game.

I think I'm actually going to do this Meta-game with PIE, thanks for the idea Celb smile

My pleasure Arga wink

Same as the voting system idea comes from eve, shares is yet another feature from the other game though it was not very well implemented there, maybe the DEVS could get it right.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 Can only see benefits with this smile