Re: How many people / accounts does Perpetuum have?

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:
Arga wrote:

The actual number of accounts doesn't matter from a game play standpoint, it's the subjective feel of the world.

This idea of the game's income having an impact on development and improvement doesn't matter or have something to do with the subjective feel?

If players are leaving, or not joining, because they don't think the game is going to be viable long term, isn't that just a self-fullfiling prophecy?

Leave negativity at the door, man, let the good vibes wash over you.

Say what?

I'm pointing out that the number of subscribed accounts does impact the subjective feel of the game.  I don't see what that has to do with people coming, going, or pretending to be elves in their corp channel.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Don't knock on elves, man. sad

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Actually, I'm rather fond of elves.  In a certain unmentionable MMO, I admit to having an elf character.  They just get special, yet odd treatment from Arga in our corp LARP sessions.

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

Man i have not done larp in years, trying doing larp in a stripbar, now that is fun.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Alexander wrote:
Squint wrote:

Add it all together into simple maths approximately 500 accounts per timezone (500 x 24 = 12000).

You're suggestion 500 unique visitors every hour?
More like 100 to 200. (That's a lot closer to the right answer)

It was an over simplification as stated. You hint at knowing the correct answer ... do you know something we don't? If you know the answer please post so we can stop guessing.

Even if there is only 100 unique visitors logging in every hour and each visitor plays for 3 hours, then your average after 3 hours would be 400 users online. If we use the simplified 15% usage principle on that number, we get ~2500 accounts. This does not take into account multiple accounts, people playing 15 minutes to spend EP, people playing weekends only or weekdays only, etc. I also suspect that more than half of regular players have 3 or more accounts.

Then there is also the issue of the question posed. If the question was "how many active people?" then I would agree with ~2000. Just add the starter corp's numbers together, as well as the freelancers (~4500), gives ~35000 characters. Add another few thousand for player corps, and divide by 3 gives ~11000 accounts (assumes every account has 3 characters).

What I know is there's no planned GTG yet, and that will be at 10k subs. tongue

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

RedKGB wrote:

Man i have not done larp in years, trying doing larp in a stripbar, now that is fun.

This is important.  I hope someone is taking notes.

Maybe we'll have to organize some kind of US event, not that I don't mind traveling to Hungary, but probably not everyone has their own private 'fat cat' jet.... oh wait, that's on my Traveler character, not a real jet. sad

By event, do you mean a Perp-LARP session in real life?  You could just drop in on a local hobby shop/nerd store to gather yourself and your friends together for some Warhammer/Battletech action.  I hear that there are girls there sometimes.

No, I was thinking of dressing up in a Baphomet costume and LARPing at a strip club, Hooters, or the democratic convention.

I'd like to know how you plan to pull off the freakishly small legs.

Aluminum and bolemia

*backs away frightened*

----

Well shinj feels packed and beta has enough people to entertain without being overwhelming so I'm happy.

Winter Solstice wrote:

*backs away frightened*

Yeah, I know what you mean.  If he would have mentioned wrapping himself in bacon and going as the magical meat roll so everyone can have a bite while we're casting magic missile to attack the darkness, I wouldn't have been so scared either.

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

*backs away frightened*

Yeah, I know what you mean.  If he would have mentioned wrapping himself in bacon and going as the magical meat roll so everyone can have a bite while we're casting magic missile to attack the darkness, I wouldn't have been so scared either.

I think Lady Gaga did that one already. She wrapped herself in beef and LARPed as the Mad Cow, while everyone else played with their Magic Missiles.

Isn't Lady GaGa (I feel much stupider after processing the thoughts necessary to type her utterly *** stage name) cross dressing as a hobo on her latest album cover these days?  Amazingly, she pulls of scrawny, smelly bum so well that I'm suddenly more interested in downloading pics of bald Brittney Spears again.

Isn't Lady GaGa (I feel much stupider after processing the thoughts necessary to type her utterly *** stage name) cross dressing as a hobo on her latest album cover these days?  Amazingly, she pulls of scrawny, smelly bum so well that I'm suddenly more interested in downloading pics of bald Brittney Spears again.

Winter Solstice wrote:

I didn't say it WILL be, I said I'll start looking into the possibility smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

API.. >:D

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

You're tricky, sir!  Tricky!!! smile

----

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

Well this further muddies the issue doesn't it?  We certainly can't depend on 10k dictating a specific dev action that will clue us in about the population anymore.

I give up.  Who is going to NPC for this evening's LARP encounter?

----

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

OK help the noob wth is GTG