Topic: Avatar needs a US promoter

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1600.png

You guys really need to promote the game a bit. I understand budget and all that, but game won't pick up only based on a good word. People of course will spread the word, but you guys need to at least get in touch with most of Web based Gaming sites and have Q&A with most of them and not just 1-2 places that a lot of people never heard about. Tentonhammer.com and mmorpg.com come into mind first of all. They may not be the fairest but will be enough to expose the game to the masses at least.

You guys have a great lore but the game itself doesn't stand up to that lore. Lore captured probably 500% more possible content than the game itself presents. There is of course a lot of room to grow and it would be nice to eventually have a CGI clip.

Can you guys hire some volunteer on playerbase side for some considerably small amount of money to make some CGI clip related to the game lore. Look at Asians, they have a super cool CGI clip to every crappy F2P game that they stamp like bunnies breed. After you have that clip game will receive a better presentation and you can then pay to gaming sites to roll your clip - would be pretty cool.

2 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-12-02 21:41:16)

Re: Avatar needs a US promoter

The noobieareas can't even support the current playerbase. More players would just lead to more spawncamping and QQ.

I'm all for marketing, but make sure that you support your current playerbase before you ask for more.

3 (edited by Plisko 2010-12-02 22:30:10)

Plus testing the waters a little... All the Open beta and Closed beta in the world wont tell you what launch players really desire.. PotBS ran into that one... I bet they are just making sure they can walk before they go for a long dash through the woods.

As for CGI Clip, heck a good in game graphic clip works, look at Star Trek Online! Explosions!  They could do like a few mini episodes, or perhaps some players will.  If they needed help with a CGI clip, I would just hit up the local school that press's their student body to submit into siggraph.  Get a good quality clip at a low cost.

But give them just a little time, they probably don't want to get into the problem of "It's to big for my britches"

Edited side notes: For people making ingame footage videos.. a word of advice, in your editing software, find in filters, usally under catagory color correction or adjust, find Levels! Use it, Love it, make the Light Levels Pop, most videos I can't even see whats going on because it's just to dark, and I run CRT's for the better color correction capabilities over LCD's and still can't make out whats going on.  Help Promote, Use Levels for your vids!

Every US player in the game IS a promoter.......why are you slacking beoch.

CenDre wrote:

Every US player in the game IS a promoter.......why are you slacking beoch.

I'm negotiating for a raise...right now I'm holding out for another 40k EP

I think it was a smart move on Avatars side to not promote the game more.
They sure had faith in their product and knew their server(s) couldnt handle masses of angry noobs pounding on the starter mobs.
this game will promote itself through mouth propaganda.

They sure had faith in their product and knew their server(s) couldnt handle masses of angry noobs pounding on the starter mobs.

Gemini X wrote:

So true.. We are the troops populating the server and filling the markets. People new at these games would get a negative experience if everybody is in the noob area and the markets arent filled yet.

One thing that must change is the noob area itself. Older players are farming the bots needed to furfill assignments. New players dont have a chance to lock any bot.

9 (edited by Gemini X 2010-12-03 12:01:07)

Elisa wrote:
Gemini X wrote:

So true.. We are the troops populating the server and filling the markets. People new at these games would get a negative experience if everybody is in the noob area and the markets arent filled yet.

One thing that must change is the noob area itself. Older players are farming the bots needed to furfill assignments. New players dont have a chance to lock any bot.

I honestly dont know where these complaints come from.
Every combat orientated player should have fast target locking anyway and the spawn rate is not that bad.
I never see more than 3 players on one spot and they dont farm in mechs or anything.
The moment a new spawn pops up you should secondary lock it, should always have the max target possible locked, so you can switch to primary fast when you current target is dead or even shoot the secondary target once , so it s locked for you and then switch back.
I also see players shooting drones from 10 m distance with their lasers, taking more time for kills than needed.
Also equip this sensor enhancer things that accelerate your target lock also.
Sure you will miss a few but you can run a bounty hunter mission in no time.

Elisa wrote:

This, this is very annoying. Very rude and will probably be where many will simply get stuck. I almost did. Was able to pick off a few from the other guy by grabing one that might spawn just a second after he went for the first. But it was really a matter of getting lucky with the timing and the fact that there was only one like him where I was. If there were two vets farming I would have been screwed. Perhaps make a handful of of special spawn drones that only show for those who have the tutorial. Or spawn a group of distinctly named drones for the mission that don't drop any loot so vets wont bother with them.

But this digresses from the point of the thread.

Definitely do more videos. I mentioned the game to a friend and the first thing he did was go to the website to find a video. Your launch trailer is great.

11 (edited by Thufir 2010-12-03 18:22:46)

Gemini X wrote:
Elisa wrote:
Gemini X wrote:

Every combat orientated player should have fast target locking anyway and the spawn rate is not that bad.
I never see more than 3 players on one spot and they dont farm in mechs or anything.
The moment a new spawn pops up you should secondary lock it, should always have the max target possible locked, so you can switch to primary fast when you current target is dead or even shoot the secondary target once , so it s locked for you and then switch back.
I also see players shooting drones from 10 m distance with their lasers, taking more time for kills than needed.

Because the guy who downloaded the game just an hour ago and is just down doing the tutorial missions for the first time is going to have maxed out the appropriate skills for combat to compete with people who have been in the game since launch or even beta.

Also, not everyone doing the missions chose to be combat oriented.

But thanks for the pointers. This actually helps me a lot.

Thufir wrote:
Gemini X wrote:
Elisa wrote:

Because the guy who downloaded the game just an hour ago and is just down doing the tutorial missions for the first time is going to have maxed out the appropriate skills for combat to compete with people who have been in the game since launch or even beta.

Also, not everyone doing the missions chose to be combat oriented.

But thanks for the pointers. This actually helps me a lot.

I wrote that from the perspective of a brand new character.
You should spent the points into these skills even if you re not fully combat specced.
It s not that many in perspective to the 20k you get from start.

Elisa wrote:

I learned early on that the combat missions are a nic sink. I don't do them anymore. I do geo or delivery missions the money is a lot faster and I am not spending it on ammo. Train Industry to lvl 4 get a sequer then train missions skills to lvl 4 and get 5 delivery missions at the same time. thats roughly 75K+ nic per run in about 5 min. You can make 1,000,000 nic an hour  this way. I do this with two accounts that auto follow one another.

It might sound like a lot but my second account is combat so i burn through the nic pretty fast...I'm always broke.

CenDre is doin it wrong... again.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

don't derail the topic.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Server stability comes first. We don't want the player count to boost to unmanagable numbers, over the next few months we'll be gradually upgrading the servers and in parallel increase the amount of ads we put out. As we've stated earlier we want the game and the community to grow, not to explode and break smile

Neoxx wrote:

CenDre is doin it wrong... again.

I'm sure I do alot of things differently...I wouldn't say wrong. I'm sure when I blow you up you think that's "wrong" also.....but I do have fun when I do. So how wrong can I be.

I am a new player and would like throw my 2 nic in. First I got frustrated and gave up on the tutorials because of the farmers. No way could I get a kill and compete with the bigger mechs there. I did go back and complete them in the wee hours in the morning.

The tutorials in the game are very important to a new player, especially after they find out this is how you get your first light mech. It should be made where we can complete them without the farmers. Place mobs elsewhere that can be farmed and remove the drops from the tutorial mobs.

Servers do need help - lag is really bad. After being booted 5 times from lag on Saturday I gave up.

Great game - lots of potential. Wish I knew about it before now.