1 (edited by Purgatory 2011-08-08 19:20:21)

Topic: Universal armor harder tiers rather pathetic?

Universal armor harder

T1 30 each resist
T2 30
T3 33
T4 35

This has to be one of the most underwhelming modules when it comes to obtaining the higher tiered versions. T4 is just a 16.5% increase over T1.

Normal armor hardeners offer a 25% increase when you use T4 over T1. Many other T4 modules offer increases from 25% to even 75% increase (accumulator rechargers)

Would it be too much to ask for the T4 uni hardeners to give 40 to each resist? T3 should be changed to 35.

Re: Universal armor harder tiers rather pathetic?

why don't you open a topic for each module and robot?

i can tell you at least two pvp corps that would say "hell yes, increase uniplates resists - we have them, we can build almost indestructible tanks with them already so a few more stacking resists wont make a difference for us, but for everyone trying to kill us"

what you totally ignore: active resists do not recieve any bonus from robots with resist bonus, and the passive part of active hardeners does not scale with tier.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I say reduce T1 to 25 and T4 leave it at 35.

Purgatory wrote:

This has to be one of the most underwhelming modules when it comes to obtaining the higher tiered versions. T4 is just a 16.5% increase over T1.

Normal armor hardeners offer a 25% increase when you use T4 over T1. Many other T4 modules offer increases from 25% to even 75% increase (accumulator rechargers)

You forgot the fact that it's a "16.5% increase" for all four damage types, in contrary to normal hardeners.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

You forgot the fact that it's a "16.5% increase" for all four damage types, in contrary to normal hardeners.

Oh so we counting each resist as a seperate bonus now then? Then we should do the same for all other T4 modules, wow, some of those bonuses just became crazy high.

Gotta agree with Purgatory on this - it really doesn't make sense compared to other types modules. Whether this should be a reduction of t1 or an increase of t4 (or both), I don't really care.

It really really does not need to be buffed in any way. Just because the numbers aren't in-line doesn't mean it's broken.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

8 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-09 08:55:53)

If you want to be inline with everything, what about the LWF change? The numbers will be similar to the uni plates from what was said on the forums. (afair DEV said it, could be changed still I know) :]

Well the uni plates give you 120 resistance. The std faction hardners do the same.

with t4 it's a sum of 140 resistance points, also in line with the t4 faction hardners.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

If you want to be inline with everything, what about the LWF change? The numbers will be similar to the uni plates from what was said on the forums. (afair DEV said it, could be changed still I know) :]

Well the uni plates give you 120 resistance. The std faction hardners do the same.

with t4 it's a sum of 140 resistance points, also in line with the t4 faction hardners.

Uni plates are much heavier and higher fitting requirements than single hardeners.

10 (edited by Siddy 2011-08-09 09:28:22)

3 of t4 universals offer more protection than 3 of t4 normals. Being 105 points to all 4 instead of 3 that normals offer.

Also, try them on Artemis for added lulz

Also, having no cap consumption, they are wonderful on any cap hungry bot.

Mainly, universals work on well only Tholodokend bots, tho.

Little like how shields work well only on Pelistal.

11 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-09 09:26:10)

Yeah, because the uni plates are closer to armor plates, but they work on resistance and not on the armor.

Someone post some lemon fits ~~

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

on artemis with maxed adv. robotics:
active t4 hardener gives 37.5 passive and 125 Active resists = 162,5
universal t4 hardener gives 4x52.5 passive resists = 210

3x active resist = 487,5 overall points (112,5 after neut)
3x uni resist = 630 overall resist points.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Whatever happens, you don't want the change to result in unis being the obvious choice over singles in every situation, or for unis to be the "PvP mod" and singles the "PvE mod".

The simple answer I think is to give them a boost but limit how many can be fitted to 1.

This armour type can useful to new players like me because it doesn't use nrg, where active hardners can be very difficult for us to run.