Topic: Make S and L demobs different colours

Just give them a different skin where the S demob is dark orange and the L demob is light orange.

Please smile

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Re: Make S and L demobs different colours

+1 for this, but at the same time they would/should make every weapon type different (that is gauss and em guns with different skins and so on)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'd better see completely different models for EM/Gauss gun etc.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

4 (edited by Annihilator 2011-08-09 11:55:06)

hopefully we will see some slightly different meshes for different weapons.

IMHO chassis-scanner should only be needed to findout the exact fit of my opponent at a longer then visual range. (from stealth?)

in a modern game you should be able to "see" what your oppenent has, from first sight.
(not everything, but important stuff like weapons and resists)

BUT i know that this would pump up the GBF filesize, needs a dev to work on meshes, and another dev to work on the textures. Priority is modeling new stuff, and refining old stuff in gameplay.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Just weapons, other stuff isn't such necessary, and i can even hard to imagine how should armor hardener look if visible big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

If you want to see modules attached to bots on the terrain, please start a separate thread for that.

I agree with Norrdec that EM/Gauss and other different weapons types e.g. HCL/LCL, machine guns/autocannon could be displayed as well as demobs. I think different shades (lighter for long range, darker for short range) would be easiest to implement.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Anything that's a fundamentally different module should have its own, clearly distinguishing icon. Clear T* tags (as they are) are fine in addition to that. Separate guns according to type, size, specialization, and have their appearance reflect their role. I.e. Big guns look bigger and more complicated, long range look vaguely rifle-ish, short range are stubbier (like shotguns).

But you can tell some of this has already been done, so I just assumed a bigger, better icon set was in the works.

On visible mods, active mods (like hardeners) could be distinguished by a visible effect while activated (coloured to match the mod's icon or something). Having fitted plates and LWFs visible would add variety to the models. Some items shouldn't be visible as they probably wouldn't be on the outside of a bot: fit helpers, tunings, etc. Anything that "fires" on a target should be visible, so I'd add demobs, SS, RR, etc. to the visibility list (head mods would look smaller and need new attachment points for the models, ofc)

0.02 NIC transferred.