Topic: Question: Basis Item Manufacturing and Research

Hi, new to the game I have some questions about manufacturing the guids couldn´t answer (or I didn´t understand them).

1.) Before you can manufactur something you need to know how to do it. Thats why you have to do reverse enginering OR have the knowledge in your knowledge database.
Is this an OR or and AND?

2.) Can I tranfer what i have in my knowledge database to an other char? If yes, how? If now, does that mean that the production person although have to be the research person?

Thanks for your help,
Raiser

Re: Question: Basis Item Manufacturing and Research

1. to manufacture something you just need a Calibration template. Anyone can make one without any further extensions. Decoder + Standard/Prototype Item = CT

Knowledge base is for creating the Prototypes, nothing else

2. no you can't transfer the knowlege data, but you can transfer CTs or Prototypes via corp storages. (protos can be traded, CTs not)

no need to go into detail here, because its well explained there:
Reverse Engineering
Production
Prototyping
Knowledge Base

Topic moved to Q&A

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Thanks. Now its clear.
First Production already running. smile

New Question:
What happens if I produce in an player controlled outpost in the PvP zone and that outpost is being attacked and/or sacked?

Is the production lost to me? Or has it no influence on my production?

station ownership has no influence on your production.

(it just defines who gets most of the NIC you are paying for the usage)

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.