Re: Add two more beta only minerals

Arga, that's way too confusing written out like that.

One new ore on beta so that there's a 50/50 split on the islands? That's not bad. And a new transmutation resource? I think a plant would be a better choice than an ore here.

I think it makes more sense to stick to the current refining method and just have two ways to go about it: one with the correct ore, and one with the incorrect ore and the transmutation stuff.

Annihilator wrote:

... horadric cube of NIA. Will have to kill Decard syndic Kain to get access to it?

I find this idea hilarious!

I can see this as a good reason to make Onxyia plant (wait, that's a dragon) harvestable and get it out of my way.

Two new items to the refinery pull-down:

Transmute Epitron
Transmute Lamitron

Ingredients Transmute Epitron:

Lamitron [2000] Base 0% ME
Onxyia [1000] Base 0% ME

Result QTY [1000] Epitron

Ingredients Transmute Lamitron:

Epiitron [2000] Base 0% ME
Onxyia [1000] Base 0% ME

Result QTY [1000] Lamitron

Hugh Ruka wrote:

in addition refining the specific ore can only be done efficiently from higher (t2+) modules.

Yeah forgot to mention that.

Arga wrote:

Also, what if it was only 1 more new beta ore, and the second ore was new to Alpha.

Adding any more Alpha ores would be rather pointless in my opinion.

-----

To revise:

+1 for unique Beta/Factional ores or materials.
+1 for the ability to synthesise them with an efficiency penalty.
-1 for restricting refining to the Beta islands.
+1 for these components being for T2+ only (to keep with proposed changes)
+1 for Refine-style mechanic
-1 for CT requirement
+1 for extension to use and/or improve efficiency

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

Adding any more Alpha ores would be rather pointless in my opinion.

The point of requiring part of the transmute to be alpha based is that the 'concept' of the transmute is that there is a way for beta corps without access to 1 of the 2 beta only minerals to not be shut out by a meta-game movement.

Could you expand on your opinion why its pointless?

AeonThePiglet wrote:

Another thing that should be added, but isn't strictly speaking necessary, is a way to transmute titan into each of the beta minerals via an extremely inefficient process. While it might seem silly to make it possible to dodge past the beta requirement, it's critical that there be some sort of route for avoiding bottlenecks of one kind or another.

First of I simply hate the idear to give somethink unique to any beta land at all! There is no need for ANY spezial part at all.

But if someone would have this (very bad idear) it would be a must to make it posible to have a second way to get this materials.

Or would you like to stear just green bots as the materials for blue bots is controled by your "war enemy" and so they will not sell it to you.
And the corps who control yellow materials are more friendly to the blue controling "war enemys" then they are to you with your green materials?

In the end this would lead to either:
- all Beta will be a big fat blue-ally as they don't want to lose a resurce (which would gimp them)
- Beta will have no fix corps anymore as every corp let's it's home on alpha and they just start mining ops on the beta island they need the ore from

Overall it's a nice try to help the market ... but it's not very well thought out and might have some nasty sideeffects noone realy want to have.

Arga wrote:

Could you expand on your opinion why its pointless?

It is as useless as restricting titan to Alpha islands because they are safe. It is a very minor impact on Beta players.

Of course this is just my opinion, having not lived on Beta yet, however I bring my experience from the "other" game with similar circumstances.

Jack Jombardo wrote:

But if someone would have this (very bad idear) it would be a must to make it posible to have a second way to get this materials.

Did you read the rest of the discussion?

Adding more commodities / materials? Um, do you guys even realize how much planned mining/hauling/refining goes into the existing production to maintain a high-level output? lol

You can't force people to use the market or NIC if they don't want to. There is always an efficient and stable way of circumventing the market. Speaking as a CEO I don't want to even begin to contemplate the nightmare of depending on the market to procure minerals needed for production.

I already have one account dedicated to just being in a capitalist-piggy corp & buying up ore on corp-market, I really don't want to sub more accounts for some elaborate market scheme just to maintain a stable and high income of ore.

Complex sandbox is fine, too complex and it becomes work. Perpetuum isn't EVE, shouldn't be EVE, and if people want EVE Mk2 I'm certainly not giving out 60€ for a tophat with Hungarian flag on top.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

syndic - start paying above 1.00 NIC per titan ore, and you will see alpha miners going out to fullfill your demand.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's the whole problem. Circumventing the market is a bad thing. It hurts new players (who tend not to be in mega corps) and it hurts pvpers (who tend to loathe mining).

A market that functions lets people get the gear they do need in return for stuff they don't want. It allows corps that don't want to deal with production to run down stockpiles and production efforts in favor of individuals and corps that do want to deal with it and flat out enjoy it.

Markets are a good thing and an efficient mechanism for allocation of capital. The Perp market is hitting competitive rates for any number of items, and that is an awesome thing!

Adding a mechanism that guarantees that trade must occur for high level gear to be produced will make life better for all of us.

35 (edited by Syndic 2011-08-05 20:28:12)

Annihilator wrote:

syndic - start paying above 1.00 NIC per titan ore, and you will see alpha miners going out to fullfill your demand.

Oh just double the actual going market price? Not a problem, but do you really want me to crash the resource market? big_smile

So why exactly should someone be forced to use the market if they don't want to, by artificially input game mechanics that complicate the production beyond being complicated? Sounds like just a cheap way for corporations to sit on Alpha & grind NIC & buy their way to T4 gear.

Besides, the market is already alive and there is plenty of T4 gear available on it.

CIR Complaint Form

Back when I was a newb my second day in with two miners, I sold maybe 160u of Titan and then never mined it again because it was such a waste of time

Who are the suckers who actually mine titan ore? I feel sorry for them.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

We mine a few hundred million per week, its quite sufficient to satisfy our production and with the low-density Titan Ore and HDT are the best thing to assign new comrades to who are not yet in a Lithus. smile

CIR Complaint Form

So that's probobly why the price is so low, its mainly mined by the people who use it so very little demand. I was just saying I feel bad for the people who mine it to sell it... way better stuff even besides epitron that sells for much higher prices.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but the prices for a lot of ores don't make much sense.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

It's all about the same really sundial. average out the prices for how long it takes you to mine it. They'll all be pretty close (i.e you can mine 40m titan in 8 hours, and get 20-25m nic, or you can mine 14m liquizit in 8 hours and get 24-25m tongue).

The price is low because the demand is low. The demand is low because there quite simply is too little active population playing the game.

The market will be better if more players start playing, but until then what we got is what we got.

CIR Complaint Form