1 (edited by AeonThePiglet 2011-08-01 23:21:06)

Topic: Seek (or yarr!) your fortune on the lovely (alpha2) isle of Shinjalar!

Are you bored of zombie beta islands where you never see another soul? Of alpha2s where nothing ever happens? Or of markets that just don't bring you the profits you like?

Are you tired of living somewhere where you can't make a buck or find a fight?

Shinjalar is the island for you!

Currently the home of many of the biggest Western PVP corporations, you'll find a fight with little effort from the beginning of the EU tz to the end of the US tz on the neighboring islands of Hokkogaros (Koija tp) and Alsbale (Odurai tp). Most of the fighting happens in assaults, and several of the corporations are willing to hold back numbers to make a fight more even. Only some, so be careful out in the wilds! 

If making money is more your thing, you'll find more ore and plants than you can use in locations convenient to the station, and rats of the yellow variety (blue and green rats can be found in the northwest peninsula) all over the freaking place.

What about trading?

We've got hundreds -- if not thousands -- of pvpers constantly buying anything and everything they can find on the market. Industrialists hungry for more commodities than you can possibly imagine. Ratters who demand the very finest in high tech fancy schmancy gear! You'll make buckets even if all you do is haul from TMA/ICS.

Getting around on Shinjalar is a breeze. Chotassia, located on Daoden next to the Asintec Alpha terminal, provides the most convenient highway link to Shinjalar itself. You'll arrive on Shinjalar at the Dampalor tp, from which you'll need to take an on-ramp to an internal tp (also named Dampalor) and tp from there to Koija. At which point it's a brief ride on the highway south til you reach our gorgeous outpost.

Convenient. Connected. Populated. Profitable.

Shinjalar: the island for you!

Re: Seek (or yarr!) your fortune on the lovely (alpha2) isle of Shinjalar!

Confirming that the food is plentiful, resources exploitable, and natives mostly harmless.

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

It is the land flowing with milk and honey. We have wide vista views, beachs all over the place. Weed growing right beside the terminal. Just clip, dry, roll, and smoke.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

why are people fighting on an alpha2 other than a beta?

Valsiev Melnon wrote:

Piggy wrote:

Currently the home of many of the biggest Western PVP corporations, you'll find a fight with little effort from the beginning of the EU tz to the end of the US tz on the neighboring islands of Hokkogaros (Koija tp) and Alsbale (Orai tp)du.

People are not fighting on Alpha2 the way you're thinking...Piggy is saying there is easy access via close teleports to PvP hotspots.

Glory wrote:
Valsiev Melnon wrote:

Piggy wrote:

Currently the home of many of the biggest Western PVP corporations, you'll find a fight with little effort from the beginning of the EU tz to the end of the US tz on the neighboring islands of Hokkogaros (Koija tp) and Alsbale (Orai tp)du.

People are not fighting on Alpha2 the way you're thinking...Piggy is saying there is easy access via close teleports to PvP hotspots.

Thanks, the wording threw me off.

Aye no problem, I re-read it twice as well big_smile

i can attest to the beaches. they are good for getting some sun tanning done!

I mean look at my avatar!! lol

Yes, pvp is easily found on the two adjacent islands. Nobody is really fighting on Shinj itself.

Shinj is the only island where you can haul goods to market from TMA, make a profit selling them, buy yourself pvp gear, find a fight on Alsbale or Hokk (often in under twenty minutes) and then repeat the whole experience with another load.

Or you can mine the many fields that never seem to empty. Or rat. Or, hell, set up a gambling website where we can use nic; I can't be the only one jonesing for a spot of frontier poker!

The gist of what I'm saying is there's a good number of people already here, but most of them are pvpers in one of the big corps. It'd be nice to see some more freelance folks hanging out on our island.

Rainbow Dash wrote:

Confirming that the food is plentiful, resources exploitable, and natives mostly harmless.

Don't forget to bring a towel! tongue

Me beeing new and all i was just wondering where EU gmt timezone pvp corps hang out, how is the eu population over there?

Flinch wrote:

Me beeing new and all i was just wondering where EU gmt timezone pvp corps hang out, how is the eu population over there?

Nex covers eu to us to aussie back to eu tz.

RedKGB wrote:
Flinch wrote:

Nex recruiting? big_smile  I have about a month of combat ep so maybe i should stay at triangle for at bit more? but its getting real dull by now.

Flinch wrote:

F-Navy, Chaos and SK all hang out on Alsbale and are various EU tz.

NEX has a large EU tz contingent that likes to roam late EU during the week, and we do a huge roam on Saturdays at 4pm EST (21:00GMT iirc) and basically brawl for the next few hours.

And if you're up lateish Hokk starts to light up after 6-8pm EST with US tz people. 

Most of the groups over here run small gang, so it's viable for a solo guy to do his thing if he's careful. You can also pretty easily find a corp willing to take you, although I think we're really the only pvp corp with a large GMT population. Most of the other Eurocorps seem to be slanted towards ESL cultures -- so great for a gringo to fight, but more difficult to talk to.

Also out West is FOOM, which is pretty likely to have a GMT tz gang out since they're similar in composition to NEX. That said, you'd have to base out of Kent, which is *** end of nowhere according to damn near everyone. They're less active than I'd like, but we've started roaming their island in an attempt to wake them the hell up!

Hey, it worked for the Alsbale crew. Used to be you could mine there for hours on Saturdays without ever seeing them. Now? Good luck! Apparently they like fighting a ton, and they're pleased we're giving them lovely fights on the regular.

Flinch wrote:
RedKGB wrote:
Flinch wrote:

Nex recruiting? big_smile  I have about a month of combat ep so maybe i should stay at triangle for at bit more? but its getting real dull by now.

OH GOD NO. Avoid that *** like the plague.

Most of our guys have way less than a month of combat ep, so I personally don't give a ***. Better off taking out a few bots and getting them splattered than running Unsub Triangle.

Seen a few more people on shin, good stuff, good stuff.

@Flinch, he was referring to to the triangle, stay away from it. You can jump into our public chat The Nex Pub if you want to talk in game.

RedKGB wrote:

Seen a few more people on shin, good stuff, good stuff.

@Flinch, he was referring to to the triangle, stay away from it. You can jump into our public chat The Nex Pub if you want to talk in game.

or our TS3 we welcome ppl to join up & have a chat with us smile

Definitely join our ts. It's the closest thing Shinj has to a local channel. And if you're nice and/or there all the time, we'll get you a corp tag with permissions to bounce around between channels.

Our ts info is in our corp description. I think it's captobvio.us but I'm not 100%.

cool, I will get in to your pub chan for the ts info and a chat when times comes. For now its just summer sun on my mind and i only log for like an hour or so, but i live in Sweden so i got a long *** winter ahead of me to get in depth with this game. Got to enjoy summer before the polar bears run amok on the streets again tongue

amok amok amok, i love that word amok

21 (edited by Syndic 2011-08-06 14:48:16)

CIR will move a portion of our mining fleet to Shinjalar to help the local economy, and we will advise our allies to do the same. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

You're welcome to come visit, but only if you promise to not be dongfaces all over the great pvp we have out here.

23 (edited by Syndic 2011-08-06 15:18:38)

Juan Valdez wrote:

You're welcome to come visit, but only if you promise to not be dongfaces all over the great pvp we have out here.

It's an Alpha 2 island. There is no PVP on Shinjalar. smile

We're not visiting, we're moving in a portion of our mining fleet. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Juan Valdez wrote:

It's an Alpha 2 island. There is no PVP on Shinjalar. smile

We're not visiting, we're moving in a portion of our mining fleet. smile

Best thing about Shinjalar..... I'm not there!

Syndic wrote:

CIR will move a portion of our mining fleet to Shinjalar to help the local economy, and we will advise our allies to do the same. smile

Thank you, please have them use the code 1111 on all thier field cans.