Topic: Not the direction I would have gone for a "robot game"

The obvious direction for a robot game is something like Transformers. Reasons:
1. Already a fan population
2. Already movies to appeal to the imagination

Now, if the trademark is too expensive (likely) you can still make robots that "switch modes" into a much more mobile yet non-combat version. So turrets fold in and four wheels sprout out. Then your robot can move/fly at three-four times their base speed at the expense of not being able to fight. This also has the benefit of making the game more fun because frankly, the slow travelling back and forth to waypoints for missions is such an obvious timesink that it's insulting.

As for the Global F'ing Purpose Of It All...well obviously robots would of opposing ideals need rare metals to repair/maintain/build themselves. Competing over resources is therefore the obvious goal. Say that these robots finally found a world rich in these rare elements (and you might as well use real elements like titanium, gold, etc). So then you form a corp > gain sovereignty over a region through kicking tons of *** in pve missions there > the security rating then slowly rises to 1.0 and some friendly npcs spawn (Concord) and attack opposing factions that enter, but they are only strong enough to handle small groups of 1-3 not a full gang invasion > The security rating also slowly degrades but this can be countered by continuing to do 2 pve missions/member per day > Then once sec 1.0 you can start to build permanent defensive/industry structures which are destroyed if the security rating falls below .5

That would be more interesting to me. Random pvp and pve growth has been done to death.

Re: Not the direction I would have gone for a "robot game"

Sounds like this isn't the game for you.

Hai, have you heard of this little thing called Battletech and their PC Games Mechwarrior I-IV?
Take your plastic mode switching coffee machine/lawnchair bots and get out plx big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

*sigh*

->You just lost The Game<-

5 (edited by Sundial 2011-07-08 16:41:56)

Battletech/Mechwarrior called and says hi.

Thank god they did not do transformers.

Also, 2 faction system is fail. Keep that crap in WoW and out of my sandbox please.

ok, you know how many indy or fan projects get sued and shut down because they started to make a real good mod based on one of those frenchises?

battletech - once the word has spread, Microsoft/FASA will put the banhammer on you.

perpetuum is unique, and will grow as it is. Did you post in eve forums 10 years ago "you should have better used starwars or star-trek as background for your game"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I would have went with a planet full of Roomba's (TM) and Scuba's (TM)

Arga wrote:

I would have went with a planet full of Roomba's (TM) and Scuba's (TM)

So long as it has a clean interface.

Cleanest UI, ever.

I wouldn't mind some faster travel options, but definatley no Transformer type bot's.:D

Yikes... I'm avoiding Transformers like the plague it's so fracking lame.

I love Mechwarrior. I hate transformers.

Capa wrote:

Yikes... I'm avoiding Transformers like the plague it's so fracking lame.

AHAHAHAAAA!!!

You used pretend Battlestar Galactia profanity.  Really, either don't bother at all or let the filter exercise censorship

Fracka fracka foooo woooo!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

I love the Battlestar profanity its great Frack it

Yeha, frak it, we love battlestar mechanica. oh wait. I wish we had it :<

The arkhe is nr 12!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

what is this i don't even

Also wtf is a concord?

I would LOL so much if they made a transformers MMO, talk about appealing to the fanboys, it would just be funny to see how many autobot toons there would be with variations of the name Optimus Prime.. ROFL

I've had the displeasure of watching some of the original cartoons recently.  They compete closely in quality with another cartoon that recently got a movie...The Smurfs.  Both were best left as distant memories, but someone saw fit to milk the money cow a second time.

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

Milk the money smurf? Alt Text has a bunch of suggestions for the next batch of kids TV shows to convert to the big screen.

Smurfette....the only thing female and your own species in your entire civilization.  Just saying...

Smurfs are so hard to kill though, if there was more than 1 breeding smurf, the whole world would be over-run in a matter of just a few episodes!

I assume that most smurfs are too stupid to understand the "how to" aspects of breeding and this fact explains completely the reason why Smurfette and Papa Smurf go out to for a "smurfing good time" without taking anyone else along.