Topic: What makes artifacts respawn?

How can I get new artifacts to spawn?

Re: What makes artifacts respawn?

My understanding is that when you clear a site a new one spawns. Whether it is instant or delayed I don't know. The only other time they refresh is during a server restart.

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

My understanding is that when you clear a site a new one spawns. Whether it is instant or delayed I don't know. The only other time they refresh is during a server restart.

wrong, they also refresh every 24h

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

is it a certain time each day they reset? does anyone know the time of reset?

Annihilator wrote:
Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

Did you have to be such a tard about it? I did say "my understanding is" roll

Annihilator wrote:
Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

Actually that's an urban legend that we devs may have contributed to as well, but in reality there is no such mechanic in place. A new artifact instantly spawns at a random place when you find one. Other than that, they only reset when the server gets restarted.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

Actually that's an urban legend that we devs may have contributed to as well, but in reality there is no such mechanic in place. A new artifact instantly spawns at a random place when you find one. Other than that, they only reset when the server gets restarted.

Which did happen very often for a while but now doesn't because of awesome bug fixes.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Another question I have:

Is the new artifact always the same level as the old one?  I noticed that I'm almost always just picking up level I artifacts now, which I never usually bother chasing.  I assume that's because the good ones I pick up are gradually getting replaced with worse ones?

Antibac wrote:

Is the new artifact always the same level as the old one?

No, it's random, but higher level artifacts do have a lower spawn chance. So if you always avoid lower levels, statistically you will end up with lower levels only.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Antibac wrote:

Is the new artifact always the same level as the old one?

No, it's random, but higher level artifacts do have a lower spawn chance. So if you always avoid lower levels, statistically you will end up with lower levels only.

Thanks for the clarification smile  I see a lot of lvl 1s getting mopped up in my future :-/