Topic: The Arkhe mk2 does not follow suit.

I know this was the first MK2 bot before the introduction of the rest. It should have 2 head slots and 3 leg slots like the rest. why?

Or even better change for mk2s: It has different and better bonuses to its normal counter part, so why didn't the rest of mk2's follow suit?

Arhke Mk2:

Better: AC

Better: accumulator recharge time

much better: CPU

More armor

More sensor strength

1% increased bonuses

Was this the original idea? If so why change it?

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: The Arkhe mk2 does not follow suit.

I am not 100% sure but the normal and mk2 arhkes had the same cpu/reactor, but it was nerfed after everyone was zerging beta island with them (they were given guns on beta islands too). They were also great for tackle lol

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

I am not 100% sure but the normal and mk2 arhkes had the same cpu/reactor, but it was nerfed after everyone was zerging beta island with them (they were given guns on beta islands too). They were also great for tackle lol

I'm not sure, but I heard something along those lines. I don't know why, but I find it more desirable to have bonuses and better reactor or cpu on other MK2s, than just 1 more head slot and leg slot which just slows mk2s down and require high skill requirements to fit properly.

I read some where on the forums (can't bother finding it) that the reason for this is MK2s is not the same as tech2 in eve, more like a tier 2 bot, but then again the arkhe mk2 is much closer to a tech2 than a tier 2 bot. Also tier 2 items follow a consistent pattern they all have less cpu/reactor requirement and are lighter, same pattern as T3/T4, MK2s do not.

RIP PERPETUUM

T3 and T4 stuff needs more reactor and CPU.

Norrdec wrote:

T3 and T4 stuff needs more reactor and CPU.

Exactly my point it follows a pattern, I never said it didn't require more reactor /cpu, must have confused you sry smile

What this all means is the Devs planned ahead of all this like:

Syntec: Noob modules

T1: normal modules

T2: same as T1 but less CPU/Reactor ( No exceptions)

T3: more Cpu/reactor but increased bonuses ( no exceptions)

T4: even better bonuses (no Exceptions)

Mk2:The first Mk2 was the Arkhe with better bonuses and such, but the rest we just add some slots. Why? If its was ok to do it on the Arhke why not the rest?

RIP PERPETUUM

Well what about the extra bonuses all the other bots also get?
The Arkhe changes a firearms bonus to general damage bonus.
Every other mk2 get an extra bonus.

True, but I don't really care much about balancing an arkhe, just the Devs change of heart for Mk2 mechanics, I would like to know why?

RIP PERPETUUM

you dont have to build the mk2 arkhe, your getting it for free so i think that removes the need for it to be balanced. at least thats the only logic i can see.