Topic: ATI card - High temp and 100% Activity

Hi,

First, you're doing a great job with the game, keep it up!

Now to the problem. I play lots of games and my average temp is about 65c while playing a game and maybe 5% activity. When I play this game my temp goes up to 85c and activity is 100%. I have a radeon 4870 1gb along with core i7. I've played alot of games like Starcraft 2, Metro 2033, STALKER and such demanding games with no problems. Any other ATI users have this problem? I have newest drivers. I play the game on max settings, 1920x1080 with no AA and no AF and windowed mode btw

Re: ATI card - High temp and 100% Activity

Same think with radeon 4870, always 100% activity
Driver are catalyst 10.10

well I switched from windows mode to fullscreen and now its perfect. Around 65 degress and 0% activity.

The reason is probably vsync, which is not available in windowed mode so the client runs with the highest possible framerate.

What does it mean ?
When we play in windowed mode, we must disable vsync ?

Sorry, for some reason I remembered vsync is not available in windowed mode, but it seems it is. If you get overheating problems make sure it's turned on.

Always the same problem, vsync activate or not, windowed mode or full screen
What can i do ?

go to your gfx card setting outside of the game, and activate the Vsync there wink
(i know, for most player its a default setting to "force deactivated vsync)

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.