Topic: Game advertising +1

Having just upgraded from a trial account I've been talking to a lot of eve friends who have never heard of perpetuum (tbh i only found it by trawling mmo champion)
Was wondering if the devs were planning on adding the +1 (google plus) option to like the game (as it's growing at speed).
Not sure on true player numbers at the moment but I can see i'm not the first eve player here...

2 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-07-25 16:30:15)

Re: Game advertising +1

Bikit wrote:

Having just upgraded from a trial account I've been talking to a lot of eve friends who have never heard of perpetuum (tbh i only found it by trawling mmo champion)
Was wondering if the devs were planning on adding the +1 (google plus) option to like the game (as it's growing at speed).
Not sure on true player numbers at the moment but I can see i'm not the first eve player here...

Absolutely not - tons of old eve players and after 6/24 a rough unconfirmed estimate of 500 subbed and stayed active after the Hilmar mail and associated drama alone.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

so what is the player base roughly (more curious than anything)

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

The above link shows the server population in roughly realtime.

Note: server population does not correlate directly to number of subscribers.  The server population has pretty much doubled if not more from before the 'event'.  I think we got much more than 500 new subs out of it.

->You just lost The Game<-

Personally I'd like to see more PST time zone people, that's the 'dip' in the graph. And i'm lonely. smile

But all new players are welcome, point your eve friends to the 15 day trial, nothing to lose!

Its not that PST has less people playing, but it falls after EST time zone and while the European people are still asleep/working.  Its just kinda how that goes with a global player base.

->You just lost The Game<-

But.. if more PST people were playing, it would go down less. Or if those EST players would stayonline til like 3 am like those dedicated EU players!  big_smile

As far as active subscribers go, the typical low point pre 6/24, was 50-55 players online. That is now up to 200. So for me atleast, I'm seeing a 4 fold increase in my play experience. Of course many of those are alts, but the same was true of the 55 characters.

That low number was actually the driving force behind a lot of my push for solo content, because there simply wasn't enough players to do anything with. I think with 200 spread across x number of corps and 12 islands is the threashold where we can say that solo content is no longer 'critical' but still highly desirable and will get a lot of play in the PST/zone.

10 (edited by Johnny EvilGuy 2011-07-27 14:29:28)

Arga told me not to post things so I don't set a bad example for PIE in the forums....so here I am.

PST exists solely for n00bs that want to look like they stay up late, but are actually going to bed early.:|

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

/facepalm

Mammoth wrote:

/facepalm

You and I both know it's true.  I live in PST and I am a self-proclaimed subject matter expert in such matters.

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

You've exceeded the PIE 85/15 productive to troll ratio, please insert your 5 NIC fine to continue posting.

Arga wrote:

You've exceeded the PIE 85/15 productive to troll ratio, please insert your 5 NIC fine to continue posting.

If you'd just admit that you're only upset over the fact that you live in n00b standard time, you'd see that the statements above are merely observations of the reality in which we live, not troll posts. roll

Where do you want me to insert my 5 NIC, by the way?  This could be amusing. big_smile

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

not troll posts.

My automatic text scanner indicates that you wish to dispute the contextual value of your post as applied to the 85/15 rule.

If this is correct, please submit your counter arguement of no less then 40 pages within 24 hours, and your fine will be rescended if the original analysis was determined to be an error.

NIC insertion instructions will be forwarded if you choose not to apeal.

Heh, NIC insertion...

Anyway, nevermind the n00bery of our US West Coast friends who are still living in denial over the true purpose of their time zone.

I think this +1 button idea is a good one.  But I wonder if the manly, barrel-chested, athletic types that play games like Perp bother themselves with the wimpitude of social networking.  I for one, am far too stinking awesome to update a bunch of my slobbering fans about how I just picked my nose and wiped the booger under my office chair so I can't "like" or "+1" anything.

I did add the +1 option recently when AddThis integrated it into their API, so now it's on the blog and the main site as well.

I'd also hereby express my doleful aversion about Google, the Patron Saint Of Open Standards deciding to make their +1 button 5 pixels smaller than all the other (Like/Tweet/Share) buttons, hereby rewarding us developers with a tragically stupid layout where all buttons look the same and create a consistent visual result, except theirs.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I'd also hereby express my doleful aversion about Google, the Patron Saint Of Open Standards deciding to make their +1 button 5 pixels smaller than all the other (Like/Tweet/Share) buttons, hereby rewarding us developers with a tragically stupid layout where all buttons look the same and create a consistent visual result, except theirs.

I hear you. Totally.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Google's green initiative.

They determined the Internet could save over 6 billion lumes per year by reducing the icon by 5 pixles.

Google is merely exercising their right to set new industry trends which will become standards someday.  I, for one, welcome our new Google masters.

Press +1 guys, press +1 everywhere in a perpetuum-online.com domain