Topic: Mk2 - Seriously?

What's the big deal?

An extra head and leg slot... color me underwhelmed.  Yes, their utility is great.

Except that the Mk2 bots have no additional CPU/Reactor, the same accumulator, the same hitpoints...  which makes the extra two slots more of a gimp than a godsend.

Make the Mk2 bots a bit better.  Let's say... 5% more CPU/Reactor, so you can actually squeeze things into those utility slots, or make 'me a bit tougher, a bit smaller, a LOT faster?
You know... more flavor.

Re: Mk2 - Seriously?

They are designed for high-skill drivers, who have enough level of reactor and cpu skills.

Alexadar wrote:

They are designed for high-skill drivers, who have enough level of reactor and cpu skills.

Incorrect.
Other than a single racial mech skill, they're designed for anyone.  Low EP pilots can cram extenders in the extra slots (CPU/RF, ect) and all...

But it's the fact that other than those two slots it's 100% the exact same bot as a Mk1 that leaves me looking at them with a huge 'meh'.  As EP values get higher those extra slots have more utility, of course, but it's still just an Mk1 hull with two more modules (being squeezed into the same fitting parameters to boot).

Mostly, I think, it's just the 'aww cool, lookatme!  I got a Mk2!'...

You arent being forced to use them.  Apparnetly people like them quite a lot, so it seems you're the outlier here.

They wouldnt be selling for the prices they are if they werent in some way more valuable than their regular counterparts.

->You just lost The Game<-

That's the thing, they're not selling, from what I've seen of the market.

Oh yes, they're there, priced to not move, and they're not moving because the price point is currently set at the 25%-50% CT level offering those with 75% CTs a handy profit, but with a price point that high no one's buying.
And they're also being built in-house so, again, people won't buy what their corp can produce more cheaply.  Yes, certainly, if someone in the corp finds a juicy CT I might drive one, because it's cheap, but currently why bother driving them as they're no different beyond two fitting points.  They have no flavor, just a little added salt.

they got two more slots for additional equip and... an addional bonus which is pretty handy too.

see lemons tank artemis
see all those mining termis/riveler mk2s
see npc farming waspish mk2

see the ewar mk2 mechs. i heard they are rather good in pvp with their additonal EW range.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The t2 bots in this game seem very underwhelming to me too, but only because t2 ships in eve is so much better than t1 counterparts across the board. My viewpoint is probably skewed. If you're looking to squeeze every bit of performance out of a bot in pvp, instead of just blobing it, I guess it's worth the extra. tongue

They are less a extra tech level as they are a higher meta level if you like EVE terms. Leaves the floor open to Mk3 etc. An actual tech lvl above and beyond the original would and should be a bit more drastic I hope.

I'd agree with that, the MK 2 bot shouldn't be compared to Tier 2 bots in eve, just because it has a 2.

Also, Alexadar is correct, the MK II's are a mid-step as an advancement between Robot classes. That is the Assault-MK II is takes advantage of all the Basic extensions that the player has been building up, where stepping up to a mech requires the learning of all new extensions (advanced robotics). This works at the top end too, where you're required to have Faction Robot - 10 to drive the Heavy MK II; which is currently the strongest bot in the game given the MK II +'s.

TL;DR MK II's are not the 'next' tier of bots, they require more skill to drive then the same model MK I, but not a whole new set of extensions.

Mk 2's are quite awesome, and that extra head and leg slot can help you do a whole lot of things.
You need high extensions to drive them though, and they're pricy.

BugSplat wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Incorrect.
Other than a single racial mech skill, they're designed for anyone.  Low EP pilots can cram extenders in the extra slots (CPU/RF, ect) and all...

Yes, they are designed for anyone. But if you want to use them with maximum efficiensy, you should replace as many CPU's and RF with proper extensions as possible. Then your bot will be more powerfull: this is quite logical if you want to have a bot what worth 2x of mats, i mean mk2. Then you can fit moar tunnings, defence system modules, so you will be 20%+ moar powerfull that mk1 machines ever can be. 20%+ is not small number in this game.

Unfortunately not each corp can build enough quantity of mk2 bots for warfare operations. To achieve goal build 40 mk2 tyranoses you should do alot of mining and artifact work. Im not saying about manufacturing. For this purposes you and your mates in corporation need skills, they are need high EP level to build enough quantity of modules and bots.

In conclusion: mk2 bots are end game machines. They are designed to please player wiling to have most powerfull machines, what hard to get and hard to drive.

MK2s are great. When you have all level 10 extensions in the important extensions fitting non-MK2 robots is easy and you want something rare and better.

MK2s are superior even if their cost is more. Ewar Mk2s are always the more important as you never fully fit them and the speed increase is greatly desired.

13 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-07-18 05:22:22)

Even when I can't make util of a Arbalest MK2 till now as I'm still short on CPU/Reactor for my MK1 I look forward to get a MK2.

I'm very close to fit the MK1 with 5*T4 EMs and all T2 for the rest (need another 3 CPU *g*). So for a complet MK2 fitting I just miss ~40 CPU and maybe 10 Reactor. With "complet" I mean T4 guns, no launcher but all high/low slowts used (3*weapon upgrades, 1* sensor booster, 2*resitences, rep, ERP (yes, PvE)).

This is 5*(5% more damage + 5% faster fire from w-up + 4% damage from MK2 bonus) + 120 resitence compared to a MK1.

Is it worth the high price? Maybe not, maybe yes. Don't know till now. But I know, it will work better the my MK1 I use atm smile.

As has been stated above, the mk2's are fantastic endgame equipment. They are oriented towards the higher ep players, and are worth the cost in the end. I LOVE my rivler mk2.

However if there were to be a mk2 that sucked, I'd have to say the sequer mk2 and especially the Lithus mk2. If your not hauling on a pvp island, then these are 5m and 70-80m decorations. And honestly, if your attacked in one, the bonuses ain't gonna save you.

Other than those, the mk2's are great. The battlefield needed more expensive stuff to lose. Most mk1s us older players can lose every hour of every day and not even care. (Bar T4 heavies perhaps)

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

For alpha duelers Mk2 hauler bots and mk2 miner bots (except Riveler mk2) are a waste of money and not worth it. After argano you should buy a termis then a riveler no need to waste time/resources on the mk2 variants. On hauler bots, more slots are not needed I only use a lwf and shield in alpha, why would I need more slots, they should have a larger cargo hold.

Combat agents have it good with mk2, industrials have been handed the short end of the stick.

It's clear we need some changes on these bots even if AC nerf some slots and add bonuses I don't mind.

RIP PERPETUUM

lol,

Celebro wrote:

Combat agents have it good with mk2, industrials have been handed the short end of the stick.

fully disagree. i love my Termis MK2, which can mine more out of one tile then a Riveler, but has nearly exactly the same ore/minute Rate (1-2% less)

Alpha dwellers have it good with their mk2s... they actually dont have to fear to lose them to a roaming group of yagels...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

17 (edited by Celebro 2011-07-18 12:42:36)

Annihilator wrote:

lol,

Celebro wrote:

fully disagree. i love my Termis MK2, which can mine more out of one tile then a Riveler, but has nearly exactly the same ore/minute Rate (1-2% less)

Alpha dwellers have it good with their mk2s... they actually dont have to fear to lose them to a roaming group of yagels...

Ok well spotted, you get more out of the ground with a termis mk2, but I prefer to mine faster, there is enough ore on the ground for me, and 5 lasers are better than 4 specially with higher cycle times. Why would I want to mine slower?. On the down side the termis mk2 is more cpu intensive to fit than a riveler.

I am not comparing alpha with beta players, just theoretical industrials vs Combat pilots, but I get your point. Taking the termis mk2 aside too, there are no other industrial mk2 bots with any advantage over the normal counterparts than the next bigger bot in line won't fix.

RIP PERPETUUM

Before the Argano Buff a Mk2 Argano was the dual boxers dream for cache hunting it could fit a LWF and a sheild, sheid hardner and the scanner and still speed it @ 82kph... Set sequer to follow and have a ball. Now that they added extra slots the Mk2 argano lost its thunder. Plus the Termis/Combat mech follow works better if your farming the kernals you spawned.

On topic Mk2 robots are perfect this topic was brought up about 3-4 months ago when the MK2s came out and the masses spoke then if you cant fit it full of t4 gear ... oh well train your fitting skills more. Use a Co-React/CPU if necessary. Being able to lock an extra target with any bot is great.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Celebro wrote:

Ok well spotted, you get more out of the ground with a termis mk2, but I prefer to mine faster, there is enough ore on the ground for me, and 5 lasers are better than 4 specially with higher cycle times. Why would I want to mine slower?. On the down side the termis mk2 is more cpu intensive to fit than a riveler.

I am not comparing alpha with beta players, just theoretical industrials vs Combat pilots, but I get your point. Taking the termis mk2 aside too, there are no other industrial mk2 bots with any advantage over the normal counterparts than the next bigger bot in line won't fix.

actually, i dont mine slower with my termis mk2...
the riveler has 1 mining laser more (=25% more yield per timeframe as a termis)
the Termis mk2 has 1 more tuning + a robot bonus (~24% more yield per cycle as a termis)

same goes for symbiont vs. gargoyle mk2. especially for noralgis harvesting the more yield then more cycles should jump into your face. And for me as alpha dweller, the terrain advantage of the laird (mk2) makes it a usefull tool to hide noralgis in places where a symbiont/gargoyle never can harvest it, but still get a reasonable ammount of material out of it.

argano mk2 fully fit with t4 small mining laser - cheap and effective at mining. As soon as dynamic ore deposits are in, the only way to deplete those on hills where heavy mech cannot get (this fact should be amplified by nerfing the rivelers and symbionts slope capability which is out of the line anyway)

Even the Assault transport MK2 has it's use. Not for transport missions but as Remote-Energy Hauler for combat hauling.

Additional low = enother energy recharger or battery so it can take more hits before he need to run.
Additional high = ... are shield resitence moduls unique?

True, the use is limited. But it can be more then just a fancy item wink.

mk2's are great. they are not for the narrow minded. be creative and you find something where they can excel at something the next bigger bot cannot (eg. Artemis mk2)

i think lemon has proved plenty of times that artemis mk2 is well worth it

sequer mk2 and lithus mk2 need some lovin though...

i love my sequer mk2... can fit much more Repair tunings then the regular one, has demob resists and more legslots for armor -> ideal companion for my combat agent when farming robots with demobs...

sure, you wont profit from it on that alpha triangle route...

ITT: People that understand the usefulness of an extra couple of slots.
Also ITT: People that should be asking for Mk3 gear and not boosting Mk2 stuff..

Annihilator wrote:

As soon as dynamic ore deposits are in

More details please? this one seems to have completely slipped past me