Topic: Questions about kernals

Hey, couple questions regarding kernals.

1, Do the diffrent levels of kernals unlock diffrent types of items?

2, Does the amount you research in one go improve the outcome?

thanks smile

Re: Questions about kernals

lvl1 kernels only research tier 1 items
lvl2 kenrels research up to tier 2 items
lvl5 kernels research up to tier 4 items with higher % then lvl4
observer kernels same as lvl5 but even higher bonus

no, each kernels will be rolled seperately, no matter how many you research at once.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

cheers Annihilator.

I noticed you can get named items from reaserch. would they still count as tier 1 if the none named version was tier1?

T1 = Standard Item
T2+ = Named Items

You will research the tiers in order, Standard, T2, T3 and then T4. Using higher level kernels will not allow you to bypass lower levels, they will simply be applied in order.

Thanks arga.

So i can now build yagals in the prototype facility. However it says the manufactureing cost alone is 3x the price of yagels on the market? what am i doing wrong here?

Mass production is done by Reverse engineering an item into a CT (Calibration Template), which is installed on a factory line and the production cost of mass engineering is a fraction of prototyping.

You can create a CT directly from standar items. So for a Yagel you can buy one off the market, put it into the Reverse Engineering drag-drop panel, add a decoder, and you'll get a CT out.

There is no difference between a standard item (T1) purcahsed off the market or built using the prototyping. The ONLY time it is used is to generate T1 items is if they are not available. This happens sometimes with Nexus modules and items newly introduced to the game.

In general however, prototyping is used primarily for creating T2,T3, and T4 Prototypes. CT's to create Tiered items can only be made using named prototypes. That is if you purchase a T2 item off the market, you can not drop it into the RE facility and make a T2 CT, it must be a T2P + decoder to make a CT.

There are extensions that reduce the material costs of TxP items as well as the production time.

Buy a yagel off the market and put that into reverse engineering. Only T2+ mods need to be reverse engineered from a prototype.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Ok i get it now thanks again.

Annihilator wrote:

lvl1 kernels only research tier 1 items
lvl2 kenrels research up to tier 2 items
lvl5 kernels research up to tier 4 items with higher % then lvl4
observer kernels same as lvl5 but even higher bonus

no, each kernels will be rolled seperately, no matter how many you research at once.

True down to the last part -  Which is "kind of".

If you research far enough, small quantities of kernels will not yield any visible results - you will get a message saying this. 

Using a large body of kernels will show results yet you cannot use more than the max knowledge you would gain.

Example:  Using 5 kernels when you are near the top won't show any gains.  Using 500 when you are 50 out from maxing that level's knowledge will only use 50, leaving 450 in your storage, which you cannot use (the game prevents this waste).

I imagine this is similar to gaining standings.  0.00 showing doesn't mean you gained nothing - it means you gained too small to be shown even as a 0.01 increase.  It applied "somewhere" but you don't know how much nor what it was applied to.

There is also a chance your research might fail and all kernals are lost therefore don't research too many kernals at once!

From experience never seen of 2 research failures in a row, so a bunch of kernals could be (afaik)'safely' added after a failure.

RIP PERPETUUM

testing during beta - you might end up with more fails and less researched ammount if you eat them in small quantities, instead of all@once.

its based on a RNG chance no matter how many you eat. the displayed "nothing researched" is more or less a psychological issue.

if i consume 1 kernel 10 times in a row, and get 7 fails and 3*0.01% is the same as
consuming 10 kernels at a time and get 0.03%

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear