Topic: abort deployment option

deploying from the terminal should have a "cancel" button.  Sometimes I realize I needed to put something in my hold and then I have to wait 45 seconds to get back into the terminal.  Thanks

Re: abort deployment option

Completely agree.

+1

abort a process that is "instant" ?
the thing that takes time is the loading screen - but the moment you hit "deploy" your bot is placed on the terrain.

That's why we need a "Are you sure you want to deploy?" before it take effect!

Who was born a gecko, will never be an alligator.
M2S - Menace to Society fraggin since 2009

6 (edited by Michael J Caboose 2010-11-21 17:20:57)

GM Gremrod wrote:

I think people really need to start thinking different about UI and get away from POP UPS!

i had to dig deep in the archive for that quote, but it fits here.

Are you sure you want to deploy?
If this is a beta outpost, make sure that you have enough hitpoints to survive the 15s difference between protection and docking again, in case someone is camping the docking-node

This would be nice but the issue is the moment you hit the deploy button you appear on the terrain. Aborting a deployment would suck you back into the terminal, which is a little unfair.

If you deploy before you are ready then it's really your own fault.

The Game

When you deployed after dock-out, you instantly appearing on the ground, during loading. I'm agree that its your fault if you choose not right stuff for undock.

One thing i would like to request is preloading option, what will speedup deploying.

+1

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

This would be the equivalent to pushing a child back into the whom when the head has already exited that mess.

Your bot should suffer from the same risk of death and/or mental *** that the analogy's equivalent does.

because this got bumped:

should be updated: you appear on ground once your loading screen has finished.

consider it like traveling in stargate - once you have penetrated the event-horizon, thers no going back, it will pull you in.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Dude its not SG online... Here we have robots which are teleporting or something like that. Ofc there can be some sort of point of no return (i.e. while teleporting you passed the preparation phase and you started the teleporting process), when you cant cancel your deployment.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

to make it simplier: your asking for beeing able to abort a loading screen.

tell me please one game/program where you can do this.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

to make it simplier: your asking for beeing able to abort a loading screen.

tell me please one game/program where you can do this.

EvE?
/duck

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

Raise! You know you need it, admit it! yarr

Well we can discuss lore and how "deploying" is a materialization from one area to another or...

Help players out by allowing an abort action that will penalize them for 3 min to wait for re-entry, re-deploy and get players on the game board where we need them.

+1 - abort deploy

Ima uzin' mah necr0 powa'!

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"