Topic: Dissappearing Field Cans?

I deployed a field can today, entered the password when prompted, then the can simply disappeared.  Yes, I have my filters set to view containers.  The guys in Help chat said it was a bug.  So is this really a bug?  Anyone else experiencing this ?  Is this just a fluke that should not / will not happen again ?

Whether or nor this is a bug, it is rather annoying.  Field cans are supposed to allow you to gather large amounts a stuff far from a terminal.  If you drive out miles from nowhere, then the can disappears, your operations are essentially scuttled at that point.  Not fun.  Not efficient.  Nor is it feasible to take a spare can in case the first one vaporizes...

Re: Dissappearing Field Cans?

Old bug. Can't recreate it but it IS happening. smile
ALWAYS take two cans with you.

We can only hope that this will be fixed when the cans are going to be persistant and an SQL object, not a thing that sits in the memory (I am still not sure how this works atm, but I am pretty sure is more a hack in the code than something real big_smile )

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

We can only hope that this will be fixed when the cans are going to be persistant and an SQL object, not a thing that sits in the memory (I am still not sure how this works atm, but I am pretty sure is more a hack in the code than something real big_smile )

A fix ould be appreciated.  As it is,  they either need to make cans 0 (zero) size when being transported, so you can haul spare cans with no cargo space penalty (as a workaround), or maybe they should just fix the bug.

afaik theyre already working on new can code.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.