Re: L-Demobs, Remote Sensor Amps, Zenith, and Asymmetric Warfare

extra skills are bad

atm im telling noobs: you can be more then cannonfooder in pvp - you can demob from cover with low extension investment.

anything else is "bring more numbers" (alone from math you need 4 noobs per vet)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

27 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2011-07-13 21:46:23)

Mara Kaid wrote:
Elirian wrote:

Would you mind showing how you got this number?

"T4 L-Demob Optimal range    1199.468486 m"

It's base 300 right?

Do 3x range extenders, have high skills on long distance ewar, targetting range, have a buddy intakt by you with high nexus skills and a t4 ewar nexus. Remote sensor boost.

Bam.

Actually, it was based on a Zenith fit with 1x L-Demob, 4x T4 range extenders, and being remote sensor amped with 2x T4 Remote Sensor Amps, and a T4 EW Nexus and Farlock Nexus, with a characters with max skills for those items

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

28 (edited by Elirian 2011-07-14 04:38:39)

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Actually, it was based on a Zenith fit with 1x L-Demob, 4x T4 range extenders, and being remote sensor amped with 2x T4 Remote Sensor Amps, and a T4 EW Nexus and Farlock Nexus, with a characters with max skills for those items

Yeah I understand that much, but I think I'm doing the math wrong. Looks like about 900m to me.

Elirian wrote:
Lupus Aurelius wrote:

Yeah I understand that much, but I think I'm doing the math wrong. Looks like about 900m to me.

Are you factoring in the zenith bot bonus?

and the T4 L-demob extra 50m range?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

950+ is very easy to accomplish even with only 3 range extenders.

32 (edited by Elirian 2011-07-14 14:57:57)

When I look on the market, t4 l-demob says it has 300m range, is that incorrect? I got something like 934 when I tried to calculate it out, zenith bonus included (mk1 only). Is it possible to post the equation you used to get 1200m, or the 950 with 3 range extenders (if that was mathed out rather than tested in game).

33 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-07-14 15:27:20)

Elirian wrote:

When I look on the market, t4 l-demob says it has 300m range, is that incorrect? I got something like 934 when I tried to calculate it out, zenith bonus included (mk1 only). Is it possible to post the equation you used to get 1200m, or the 950 with 3 range extenders (if that was mathed out rather than tested in game).

Tested in game, not mathed out.

Are you calculating the nexus base percentage ontop of the skill to 10?

Furthermore, unless your a professor of Hungarian math... your numbers will never add up.

34 (edited by Elirian 2011-07-14 15:28:49)

Yeah, 7.5% base right? I'll go through it all again at some point and try to find out where I'm going wrong.

Elirian wrote:

Yeah, 7.5% base right?

I have 950 with 3 and not maxed skills, so i can certainly see how this 1150 is possible... but trying to do the math on any of this unless you're proficient in Hungarian math will just be an exercise in head vs wall.

though, a single t4 med armor plate = immune against long range demob
two if you want to fit lwf

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

though, a single t4 med armor plate = immune against long range demob
two if you want to fit lwf

And gimp your speed in the process, effectively demobbing yourself.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

How much does a t4 long range demob slow you by?

at maxed demob extension: 25.38%

demob resist on t4 medium plate = 25%
demob resist on T4 LWF = -22.5%
demob resist on T4 Evasive = +7.5%

on my heavy mech: LWF speed gain ~17 kph (=42%)
two heavy plates + lwf speed gain ~ 11 kph (=27%)

demobbed with lwf only = 48% speed reduction PER demob = ending at 27% of my max speed (from 57 kph that is 15 kph demobbed speed)
with two armorplates + lwf = 51 kph, demobbed or not because i'm immune to the long range one

Long ranged demobs will only effects LWF or unplated players.

Long range demobs are the anti-incursion demob. You can still get a normal demob to over 500m with a little knowhow. wink

25.38 seems absurdly high.

compared to what a t4 S-Demob does, its not much, really.

those start with -45% and get to -57.69%

visualize!

Nice graph thankyou!

Still seems like an error in the mathematics somewhere. Why do long range demobs have a steeper negative gradient than short range demobs from a percentage based increase, when they start with a smaller flat amount? Why is the curve even more shallow? Old and eyes failing, but it looks to me that long range demob would slow for more than a short range demob given high (impossibly high) values of demobilization. That makes no sense.

Mammoth wrote:

Nice graph thankyou!

Still seems like an error in the mathematics somewhere. Why do long range demobs have a steeper negative gradient than short range demobs from a percentage based increase, when they start with a smaller flat amount? Why is the curve even more shallow? Old and eyes failing, but it looks to me that long range demob would slow for more than a short range demob given high (impossibly high) values of demobilization. That makes no sense.

It's PR Graph. It shouldn't make it sense it must looks cool.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Mammoth wrote:

Nice graph thankyou!

thats because it has dimishing returns:
T4 long range demob has a modificator of 0.97 / (1+0.03*extensionlevel)
T4 short range demob has a modificator of 0.55 / (1+0.03*extensionlevel))

30% of 1 is more then 30% of 0.5...

even better is the impact of L-Demob on someone with a LWF:
this one shows the targets remaining speed in %

note: someone without LWF fitted may be slower to begin with, but has much more hitpoints and cannot be slowed down if he has armor plates.

Ah I see, so the formula dictates remaining speed, rather than slowing effect. Makes sense, but certainly makes the demobilization extension extremely powerful on long range demobs. I had assumed it was the other way round.