Topic: Payment Options

I try out the game since 2 days now and wanted to purchase today. What "scares" me is the payment option. Unfortunately  Pay Pal is no option to me. So I made a Moneybookers account today. As I am from  Germany it is common to pay via bank transfer and on the Monebookers site bank transfer was marked as payment option. After creating my account it seemed as Moneybookers wanted me to force me to sent them Credit Card details nor am I able to verificate my E-Mail adress. This seems not to be serious to me.

I would be very glad if Avatar could implement further payment options like Paysafe Card for example. It is easy and safe and noone is forced to give any bank or Credit Card datas. Unfortunately I am not able to buy the game because of this problems mentioned above.

Re: Payment Options

Maybe webmoney too?:D

If all goes well, credit cards will be accepted in the first few days of this new week.

DEV Calvin wrote:

If all goes well, credit cards will be accepted in the first few days of this new week.

That' s very nice and thx for adding new payment options although the adding of Credit Cards are not helpful for me. The obligation to use Credit Cards at Monebookers are my main problem. As a lot of German users, unfortunately I do not use any Credit Card with good reason.

As I mentioned out above:  if I wanted (or better: could) pay via CC, I could buy my codes via Moneybookers. That' s why I asked for payment options where no Credit Cards are required. But thx again for the quick reply and best wishes for this nice game. I really would love to try it out for a few month.  Hopefully in the near future more payment options (with no need of Credit Cards) will be added. Maybe I'll find another way till then.

Bye

There are many countries where cc-usage isnt widespread.

Paysafecard should be easy to implement and you can buy them at gas stations, supermarkets and so on.

Real professional solution would be a global payment processor like clickandbuy or global collect. They offer the country-specific options to everyone. So if you live in Umbsahona you can probably even pay with goats...

Shattered Crystal offers a very wide range of payment methods, feel free to look them up.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code.php/perpetuum

7 (edited by Legedric Warstrike 2011-04-11 05:54:18)

Uhm why don't you use Paypal for example? You can pay with your normal bank account, no CC needed at all...

As I am working with several payment providers in my job I can say that Paysafecard is a nice payment method, but only for some few countries accross Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Austria and 2-4 more).
In addition, you have to keep in mind that every payment provider takes "transaction fees" from your money. For PayPal this is roughly 2-3% from each transaction. Compared to Paysafecard (which is about 15% for each transaction) it is obvious why Paysafecard is just too expensive at the current state of marketing. Paysafecard should get attractive after getting a publisher and pushing down the transaction fee for a better Return on Invest (ROI).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Legedric Warstrike wrote:

Uhm why don't you use Paypal for example? You can pay with your normal bank account, no CC needed at all...

As I am working with several payment providers in my job I can say that Paysafecard is a nice payment method, but only for some few countries accross Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Austria and 2-4 more).
In addition, you have to keep in mind that every payment provider takes "transaction fees" from your money. For PayPal this is roughly 2-3% from each transaction. Compared to Paysafecard (which is about 15% for each transaction) it is obvious why Paysafecard is just too expensive at the current state of marketing. Paysafecard should get attractive after getting a publisher and pushing down the transaction fee for a better Return on Invest (ROI).

I don't use PP because of many problems I had with their support. In fact I do not trust them anymore and I know a lot of people who don' t want to use Paypal anymore, too. Of course it it hard for such a small project as Perpetuum to implement "expensive" payment providers. On the other hand more payment methods means more possible customers. It' s a question of cost-benefit ratio whether to offer more payment options which costs a bit more "transaction fees" or to get more customers.

sry for double post: @ Legedric Warstrike: Paysafecard is used in: Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Poland, United Kingdom, Spain, Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Netherlands, Belgium, Portgual, Czech Republik, Denmark, Ireland, Sweden, Luxembourg, Italia, Argentia, Cyprus, Romania, Mexico, Finland, Norway and USA. Seems to be much more then just two or three countries over Europe.

10 (edited by Legedric Warstrike 2011-04-11 11:01:42)

I did not say that Paysafecard isn't used in other countries... but in my experience it is not very wide spread in several countries.

In addition, Paysafecard is mostly suited for a "lower age" community not having access to bank accounts or credit cards. So if you ask me, Perpetuum's main audience should be somewhat different.

In a casual game like Farmville the payment methods mainly used are CC (incl. Paypal etc.), mobile payments and prepaid cards (Paysafecard etc.)
In a MMOG the main payment methods are CC, Bank Transfer and own prepaid cards (Gametime cards) although GTC are only available for larger scaled games because of the need of a good distribution...

So as of any MMO that I know of a foreign prepaid card would rather destroy the possibility of an own prepaid card system in the future.

Of course you are right saying that more payment methods will get you a wider range in accessing players and to reach this aim AC should implement several other payment methods. All I say is that this is something for the next few months after finding a publisher who pushes large scaled marketing campaigns into the game to get the game where it belongs.
In fact most of the publishers (not only EA or whatnot) are already working together with several payment providers making it much easier for a company like AC to get better offers for the several payment methods.

Until then, the given payment methods should be enough to reach about 80-90% of all the players interested in Perpetuum after playing the trial.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

i would prefer ELV or paysafe as payment too- but ELV kinda needs a german provider, and paysafe is missing hungary.

perhaps they can find a redistributor in germany like that one calvin posted.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

found a solution for the first month:D.

I did not say that Paysafecard isn't used in other countries... but in my experience it is not very wide spread in several countries.

It is ... suprised me, too.

found a solution for the first month:D.

Luv da devs smile

DEV Calvin wrote:

Shattered Crystal offers a very wide range of payment methods, feel free to look them up.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code.php/perpetuum

sad....it seems shatteredcrystal is sold out. Same problem here, cant use even one of the payment options. Something like Click&Buy would be nice.

Shattered Crystal filled up the stocks, all Perpetuum codes are available for purchase again.

The credit care options are all pretty bizarre and weird to non-europeans though. Never heard of most of them, paypal are ghastly and the JCC one is very eurocentric and demands securedbyvisa but links me to the EU version of the same (and I'm pretty sure I haven't set it). Shattered crystal is both using paypal and wants to call me (even though I'm not in the US).

Please put the game on steam and let me buy game-time through their f2p system. Their billing is painless and I trust them.

Kageru wrote:

The credit care options are all pretty bizarre and weird to non-europeans though. Never heard of most of them, paypal are ghastly and the JCC one is very eurocentric and demands securedbyvisa but links me to the EU version of the same (and I'm pretty sure I haven't set it). Shattered crystal is both using paypal and wants to call me (even though I'm not in the US).

Please put the game on steam and let me buy game-time through their f2p system. Their billing is painless and I trust them.

Paypal has been working fine for me for years. You do not need to pre-charge your account if you do not want to: you can use paypal as a payer-selected credit card processor. You do, however, need to have your credit card(s) verified by letting them charge you $1, but they'll give you back that $1 as soon as you actually use your account. Depending on your credit card, this approval process may take a month or more.

Shattered Crystal accepts paypal but also many other options, as most american companies do. Yes they will call you unless you are a returning customer. It doesn't matter that you do not live in the USA: they will call you anywhere in the world, landline or cellular. They'll ask you some questions about your whereabouts (things like what are the main motor-roads close to where you live, what's the closest railway station and other stuff like that). Once that is done you'll become an approved customer and they will not call you back any more unless there's something fishy with your account. They are good and fast.

Steam f2p requires specific code for Steam and would probably make the game unavailable outside Steam (also it would probably make it unplayable with wine under linux or Os X unless you install the whole Steam into the bottle). Most games available with Steam that are not Steam specific are also having problems (interesting example being EVE).

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

Would love to see >Ideal< in that list.

Sinclair-Software offers payment services for people who dont use/have a creditcard aswell.
Bought a couple of GTC's via them a few times and it all went smooth.

I sure hope to find a way to get hold of a subscribtion cos i want to hang in for atleast a year hehe

H2O:

Paypal has the option to attach a bank account, so you don't need a CC for it.

If you don't want to use paypal then get it shattered crystal.
End of.