Topic: "blocked by obstacle"

Hi.

Are there any plans to make any changes to the algorithms that calculate target visibility while shooting? I ask because currently it's rather ridiculous to be told, that I can't hit something from 20m just because my char and the target stand on some sloped terrain.

This mainly occurs on slopes. Sometimes even not too steep ones. Sometimes it seems it's about actual height difference, like my bot is standing slightly up the slope, target down the slope. This also occurs while the target is aligned not down along the slope, but standing at the same height across the slope. Sometimes it's I have no idea what exactly, but it seems the slope may be SSSIIIGHTLY bumpy. That is all that's needed to be not able to shoot at target. There is no visual height difference between bots or any bumps coming even to half the height of the bots. The ground isn't even detailed enough for constructing some signifficant peaks at 20m. The finest square on the terrain is exaclty how big? 10m?

I understand how it's pretty nifty idea in general and I totally understand it working with prominent terrain forms, not being able to shoot behind some bumps or plants or other structures..

But standing at 20m, face to face..err sensor module to sensor module.., and being told something blocks the way just because the terrain seems to be almost unnoticeably uneven.. is rather moodbreaking. Specially with the ammo prices as they currently are.

Please fix this?

Re: "blocked by obstacle"

So nobody else is  experiencing such annoying obstacles?

no, everyone adjusts after two weeks playing or is leaving anyway...

really, playing for almost two years now, and LoS hasnt been better then atm.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Zoom in and really see what terrain difference there is and light bots are low-riders any way 3 meter rise will make you not have LOS.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Should be better now.

* Change: Increased the pseudo-height of robots for better LOS calculation (nothing visual).