Topic: I am a micromachine

The robot are supposed to be big, the Arkhe is as big as a human if i believe the Info window, and the Mech is much more. I've tested Assault and seen Mech while Betatesting. However, i feel like a little bug. Every flower is bigger, the simple grass is taller than my robot, not speaking about the huge trees. Even the constructions are so huge i feel small.

I understand Nia is not Earth.

In game like Mechwarrior, i was felling the biggerness of the robot.

In Perpetuum, i don't.

Not a big problem, but it's a bit disappointing that the scall of Nia makes our robot just as big as human, no more.

Re: I am a micromachine

im thinking the same, but ill hold of my complaining untill i get my pixls on a bot that is "suposed" to feel big. the Arkhe is probly not.

They should really scale all robots currently in game by like 10% or something.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

Or just scale down all the flowers, trees, plants... Not too much, but a good 25% maybe ? I'm pretty sure this will not happen.

we are on an alien planet .. so no wonder that a normal sized bot appears to be small when everything else is large wink

Hummm hmm

http://www.gamerdna.com/public/images/u … 1225157443

Maybe we just need to wait to see what the dev team will come up with.

Who was born a gecko, will never be an alligator.
M2S - Menace to Society fraggin since 2009

Must have giant robot that eats mountains and poops mechs!!!

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

it's animation that make this feeling the speed of the legs especially arkhe / light / assault robot that make that feeling of little toys, but as stated as Mars Volta a size comparison sheet would be interesting or ingame elements that give size like crashed shutlle or human habitations with doors windows etc

Not only is it the animations, but also the texture resolutions.

To accurately convey the scale of these robots/mechs, the textures need to be of sufficiently high a resolution so that they can show much smaller details. As it is now, the smallest resolvable objects on a texture such as the ground are rocks with (according to lore) are in the order of meters in length, yet we as humans are conditioned to thinking the smallest things we see to be in the order of millimeters.

Well those robots ARE micromachines. Thats as much as humans were able to develop so far. here is some lore fragment that explains it:

Even though they sense their every action as virtual, they are all real. At the end of the training, a special chipset is inserted surgically into the Agent's central neural system - a process called neurointegration. This chipset is required to communicate with their “Sparkle” (or “Spark”), which is a remote controlled nanorobot obeying the Agent’s orders on Nia. Both neurointegration and the remote controlled colonization are strictly supervised processes by the Megacorporations for a reason: they have no intentions of sharing financial and technological gains. The Syndicate denies the information that the Earth-Nia connection can be cracked and some Agents are connecting to the Perpetuum Project this way to avoid local authorities and to gain independence from the Syndicate.

So it makes sense that we are just driving these little robots on an alien planet. Basically this is how it is, you sit in your chair at home and playing the game which actually takes place on Nia, except that there is no wormhole above our planet anywhere and its not 22nd century yet smile.

BUT, Lore in my opinion has a lot of holes. And lore itself is fine, but the game unfortunately doesn't grasp your imagination as much as lore does. I hope amateurs playerbase will catch up like it did in EVE and eventually PO will have its own magazine, their own print studio, voulnteer writers etc. What devs need to do now is work on game promotion.

The robots on the planet are not micromachines. You need to improve your reading comprehension if you believe that is the case.

each tile has a 6 or 7 meter radius.  and humans are what, 2 - 2.5 meters tall?  yeah, Arkhe is kinda big...  so no, these micromachines arnt really micro at all.

textures details are already high enough.  We dont need spergers sperging about detail and size and whatnot, we dont need to add more lag or have the devs waist time on making prettier bots.  The game looks great enough already.

though, i do see that the bots seem to skim across the ground, and it does make it seem like the robots are a bit smaller... but i think thats just something that we're going to have to deal with.  the game cant have perfect graphics/animations.  you can always set your bot's speed to like 10kpm if you want, and it wouldnt look like its "gliding".

Mars Volta wrote:

Hummm hmm

http://www.gamerdna.com/public/images/u … 1225157443

Maybe we just need to wait to see what the dev team will come up with.

eve ships look so loving cool... i wish that game wasnt so boring.

2 meters is quite tall. The average human is certainly shorter than 2 - 2.5 meters.

1meter is about 3 feetz. btw i am a human and im 1.84m tall.