Topic: Client-side export

I think some of the logging functions could use to be extended and enhanced to help players out a bit and I don't think it would be too difficult to implement.

First - redo the log directory tree.  The default windows install is to c:\games\perpetuum

Under that you have ChannelLogs, ChatLogs and CombatLogs.

I'd like to see this extended and some options added to a new tab on the options window.

First - the options tab.
All logs and data can be optionally enabled, disabled (radio control) - and 2 buttons: Purge/Reset and Export Now

The Export Now would take the client info of the given type and push it to disk.  Purge/Reset would be for use if any problems show - it would clean up and start from scratch.

A new directory structure:

C:\Games\Perpetuum\CharInfo\<agent name>

This allows each character to have its own tree of info.  Under this would be the following:

..\Logs\<all current log trees>
..\AgentInfo

This would hold a client-side export of the agent info in a series of files - based upon the in-game layout of the screens in question - named after the tabs.

[date]-AgentInfo
[date]-Extensions
[date]-Transactions
[date]-Production
[date]-Insurance
etc...

So on and so forth.

By using client side dumps, you avoid extra bandwidth and server loads of such things as an API.  Get the data from the client and push it to disk in whatever format works for the devs - let the users figure it out once it's there - they'll build their own ways of doing this *IF* the data is accessible.

Use the logging abilities to enable it by just browsing the market and allow the user to decide if they want those logs or not via the options window.

Just use the current logs as the only "defaulted on" options.