26 (edited by Purgatory 2011-04-15 17:46:42)

Re: MK 2 bots need more cpu/reactor

Annihilator wrote:

styx already stated the key arguments:
- they got two more slots that you can use for CPU and Reactor modules which you could not fit onto a regular Tyrannos without removing something else.

this alone makes mk2 bots intresting for those who did follow a different extension-plan, with more robotic extensions then electronic/engineering.

a regular tyrannos's weak point compared to its main foe, the kain, is that it can't fit repair + lwf + 2x hardener to neutralise its resistance-holes.

or Vosyen Makarovich's example - he fitted something into that free headslot that you wouldn't normally do on a combat bot - a repair tuning.

from what i read your attempting to fit your tyrannos mk2 with tunings, range extender and remote sensor amps (probably as a team or dualb-boxing fit) to get the maximum range.
I wouldnt be surprised if you're trying to fit a masking module in there which is another cpu heavy piece.

This is just your opinion, you appear to be assuming that this is the devs vision of how it should be. The simple fact is Mk2 tyrannos is gimped when you can just as easily get into a Gropho. It doesn't matter if gropho requires a small bit extra EP to use, the fact is there's no point in using a tyrannos Mk2 over a gropho in most situations.

No, i couldn't dream of fitting a masking or detection module, you're having a laugh right?

27 (edited by Annihilator 2011-04-15 17:59:24)

well, the tyrannos has two turret slots... the gropho has none.

ther may be player out there who have built their extensions around both missiles and turrets. they are gimped if they use a gropho.

the dev vision is: they gave us robots with 2 more slots.
those are robots that give you much more freedom in fitting them (after all, roaming gangs are built of ewar bots that have 50% of their slots unequiped)

actually i have no intention to complain about any mk2 robot stats as they are now.
- i really only agree with those who say that their production costs are to high (far to high if you consider that they need consume twice the material + extra)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Purgatory wrote:

You mean the that same sci-fi mmo where Mk2 versions of the ships are actually worth using? They not only have more module slots, but also more armor, shields, powergrid, cpu, bonuses and so on?

EvE's T2 ships =/= PO's mk2 robots... maybe you misread/misinterpreted that they are the same somewhere?

Purgatory wrote:

...the fact is there's no point in using a tyrannos Mk2 over a gropho in most situations.

Reasons to use a Tyrannos Mk2 over a gropho
1. Faster speed
2. Better sensing
3. A ton more accumulator/sec
4. Less likely/successfully to be ECMed
5. Smaller surface hit size

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

29 (edited by Purgatory 2011-04-17 01:14:20)

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

You mean the that same sci-fi mmo where Mk2 versions of the ships are actually worth using? They not only have more module slots, but also more armor, shields, powergrid, cpu, bonuses and so on?

EvE's T2 ships =/= PO's mk2 robots... maybe you misread/misinterpreted that they are the same somewhere?

Purgatory wrote:

...the fact is there's no point in using a tyrannos Mk2 over a gropho in most situations.

Reasons to use a Tyrannos Mk2 over a gropho
1. Faster speed
2. Better sensing
3. A ton more accumulator/sec
4. Less likely/successfully to be ECMed
5. Smaller surface hit size

Reasons to use a gropho over a tyrannos mk2

1. Gropho costs about half as much to make.
2. 50% more damage
3. higher optimal range (can't get a good range fit on tyrannos mk2 due to cpu issues)
4. higher locking range.

I think gropho has tyrannos mk2 trumped.

Purgatory wrote:

> implying that cost is an issue

Ohohohohohooo

Purgatory wrote:

2. 50% more damage
3. higher optimal range (can't get a good range fit on tyrannos mk2 due to cpu issues)
4. higher locking range.

Now see there, you made a decent argument.  There are reasons to use both the Tyrannos mk2 and the gropho for different reasons.

Purgatory wrote:

Well I don't agree with you, lets go through your points:
1. COST: a fully kitted out gropho and Tyrannos mk2 will cost practically the same. (not a good reason)
2. 50% MORE DPS: Yes, a good reason to use a gropho
3. and 4. OPTIMAL/LOCKING RANGE:  This is actually one point not two as you can't do one without the other (a good reason).

So really you have listed 2 points for a gropho and I have listed 5 for a tyrannos mk2.  Doesn't look like the gropho really has the upper hand as you had claimed earlier.

Tyrannos Mk2 is still going to go faster then a gropho.

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

2. 50% more damage
4. higher locking range.

Now see there, you made a decent argument.  There are reasons to use both the Tyrannos mk2 and the gropho for different reasons.

Purgatory wrote:

Well I don't agree with you, lets go through your points:
1. COST: a fully kitted out gropho and Tyrannos mk2 will cost practically the same. (not a good reason)
2. 50% MORE DPS: Yes, a good reason to use a gropho
3. and 4. OPTIMAL/LOCKING RANGE:  This is actually one point not two as you can't do one without the other (a good reason).

So really you have listed 2 points for a gropho and I have listed 5 for a tyrannos mk2.  Doesn't look like the gropho really has the upper hand as you had claimed earlier.

Actually on the range and locking the gropho can do both if paired with another gropho, tyrannos mk2 cannot. It will get almost 100 less range and that's just too much of a big difference to ignore.

Purgatory wrote:

Actually on the range and locking the gropho can do both if paired with another gropho, tyrannos mk2 cannot. It will get almost 100 less range and that's just too much of a big difference to ignore.

Actually the Gropho will not be able to dictate range as well as a Tyrannos due to it's slower speed.  100m doesn't mean anything when your enemies can close in on you in seconds.

35 (edited by Purgatory 2011-04-18 12:05:32)

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Purgatory wrote:

Actually the Gropho will not be able to dictate range as well as a Tyrannos due to it's slower speed.  100m doesn't mean anything when your enemies can close in on you in seconds.

100m means a lot if those seconds actually take about 15 seconds to close and the opponent you're closing has 50% more dps and a higher hp buffer than you, GG. Which they will because gropho is only about 6 slower than tyrannos.

Well Purgatory looks like you just lack the vision to make a Tyrannos Mk2 worthwhile over the Mk1.

I would just suggest for you to just stick with the regular Tyrannos and Gropho.  I'm sure once these Mk2 mechs are fielded more often you will learn good Mk2 fits and their uses from our PO community.

37 (edited by Purgatory 2011-04-19 00:28:06)

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Well Purgatory looks like you just lack the vision to make a Tyrannos Mk2 worthwhile over the Mk1.

I would just suggest for you to just stick with the regular Tyrannos and Gropho.  I'm sure once these Mk2 mechs are fielded more often you will learn good Mk2 fits and their uses from our PO community.

Actually i barely even play perpetuum anymore, so no bots for me of any kind. I log in to build some T4 stuff, heavy mechs, which don't even sell, i have around 30 heavy mechs on the market and in my hangar. Really the MK2 is just something I bought and have been toying around with fittings for incase I ever feel like playing the game again properly, but I guess that depends on the future devlopment and also the population. My fiance and I's combat alts are fully trained from pre-release day with all EP invested into being the ultimate missile mech pilot, focused on the Tyrannos and Gropho. Just a shame that the Tyrannos mk2 is made inert due to poor game design choices.

There's really no reason for me to leave the terminal at this time, even pvp is pointless for me because there's nothing worth fighting over (to me).

No idea what your problem ist, but

1.) it always is better to have more slots even if you can not use all of them than to have not enough slots.
2.) if you fit your MK1 fitting, there might be some mods that give you a slight buff even if not optimal to drop in the additional slots
3.) you get one more bonus on your mk2

Sometime in the future there will be mods and extensions that WILL make the slots even more usefull! It was the same with EVE and it will be the same here.

Sure sure, it's always about the future, it might be useful in the future. If perpetuum can't get their content right, even simple stuff, it'll be lucky to have a future. I really hope Perpetuum succeeds, I knew the population would dwindle but hope that future patches will slowly bring the game to its potential.

my brand new Termis mk2 may have issues with CPU when filling all those headslots with tunings -

but if i can get my hands on one t2 prototype, and one t3 or t4 industrial tuning, it will yield more Minerals per cycle then the Riveler MK1

atm they seem to yield the same (22% more yield per laser on termis mk2, but riveler has one more laser slot that results in 25% more cycles per second compared to termis mk1)
but i'm an alpha miner, and prefer more per yield per cycle then more cycles per minute.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

41 (edited by Khader Khan 2011-04-23 10:57:18)

Purgatory wrote:

Actually i barely even play perpetuum anymore, so no bots for me of any kind.

There's really no reason for me to leave the terminal at this time, even pvp is pointless for me because there's nothing worth fighting over (to me).

Really so why all the complaining about no CPU for your Mk2 if your not even using it for PVP/ or at all? I fit a Tyranos Mk1 for PVE and I fit weird stuff and I still use the misc slots for what ever i feel like taking (harvester to hit that noralgis on the way back home from farming) I have no problem carebearing in a Tryanos! What do you want to snipe in PVE anyway kiting is so easy.

Also if you would post up your fit it would be easier for all of us to see why your having problems and possibly give the devs a reason to care. Right now if you look from their perspective... they see you complaining with no proof and everyone else posting viable fits for a Mk2. Sorry if its harsh but you need to back up your claim better.

Agreed.
Mk2's are nothing special.  No additional Grid/CPU to cover the two extra slots.  No faster, no additional cargo, nothing.  You're better off just forgoing the Mk2 line entirely until the Dev's do something to make them better than a couple of extra slots.

Oh, they come in handy, don't get me wrong, but with setup parameters for Mk1 still in place they're pretty gimp.

Just +1 to author of topic.

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

wtf, another necro of a long forgotten non-issue topic??

I show you why mk 2's so good.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Me tank you long time

Arga wrote:

Me tank you long time

Hey now i have more super de duper secret fits i have yet to use!

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:
Arga wrote:

Me tank you long time

Every time im come to scan you i get killed before i even see you, its no fair!!!! lol

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

Khadia Khan wrote:
Lemon wrote:
Arga wrote:

Me tank you long time

Every time im come to scan you i get killed before i even see you, its no fair!!!! lol

Ninja skillz big_smile

Undefeated 2013