Topic: Assaults had nerf after today patch

Sorry guys i really dont understand why use big changes, you add 80/200 before and now 100/100 the assauld detektor/masker values.

So I am little bit confused and I really like an answer. I dont like this changes, why so many?

Ok I am not whining thats happend just I think will be better the future little changes not big. Or not first big changes, firts little and 2nd other little.

Pls dont whining (but i relly dont like this change). Because dont changes aníthing whining.

I think could better 80/160 or 80/180

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Assaults had nerf after today patch

Wait, what?

3 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-07-08 14:53:45)

I don't think it was balanced to have one of the faster small bots, with the most firepower, to have the best masking.

Has to be some trade-off. As fast as they are they will still dominate small bot combat and have a decent chance(in numbers) of killing larger bots... they just wont be able to abuse their masking to make it so that the larger bots can now see them before they are inside of their medium weapon maximum range.

This

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

5 (edited by Neoxx 2011-07-08 15:40:39)

Another textbook knee jerk reaction on most balance this patch.  Have they never heard of yo-yo balancing and why its so bad?  They should have brought the values down slowly over a few patches and see how things go.  Now people will just avoid them and not still try to use their masking.  This is how fotm continues to be a problem.

Also, what's the deal with buffing small indie so much? They essentially just made the lack of newbie resources even worse, but at least my argano artifact scanner  more capable!  lol

Now that I think about it, the 100/100 tells me they have no f*cking idea what they want assaults to be, so they just reset them to the absolute middle of the road value.  So, in an obvious move to avoid imbalance, they'd rather just take them out of the game entirely.  So now the mechs can see them farther and likely have range advantage, perfectly restoring the ladder climbing of bot types without thought of sub specialization.

I'm guessing those that respecced into all assault will be pretty pissed...

->You just lost The Game<-

That's one big of a nerf. It's done as careful as fisting with boxing gloves. I'm sure a lot of the new players are very happy now...

My poor waspish sad mad

Seems like masker got a wee bit overnerfed for assult bot size?

100/120 seems a bit more reasonable...

I think assaults are a decent masking platform, but yes the previous numbers were OP.  I think somewhere around the 150 mark for masking would be fine, giving them some sight advantage, but not so much to be able to easily duck in and out of sight, firing 1 salvo then disappearing, rinse and repeat.  Instead, what seems to have happened is the devs are abandoning the masking role of assaults all together.  Maybe this is in preparation for their "new assault platform" I keep hearing about, but this change was a bit too soon and too harsh.

I'd say the minimum sight range any bot should have on any other bot should be around 350-400m, and thats with the help of maskers.  Normal sight range should be minimum 500-600m.

Neoxx wrote:

I think assaults are a decent masking platform, but yes the previous numbers were OP.  I think somewhere around the 150 mark for masking would be fine, giving them some sight advantage, but not so much to be able to easily duck in and out of sight, firing 1 salvo then disappearing, rinse and repeat.  Instead, what seems to have happened is the devs are abandoning the masking role of assaults all together.  Maybe this is in preparation for their "new assault platform" I keep hearing about, but this change was a bit too soon and too harsh.

I'd say the minimum sight range any bot should have on any other bot should be around 350-400m, and thats with the help of maskers.  Normal sight range should be minimum 500-600m.

Are these values for a mech to see them or a e-war light?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Really *** me over, having full specced into assaults

Now I am faced with 20% penalty which is unacceptable to me since EP is the only thing that drives my characters progression at this point.

Need new respec system ASAP, especially if they keep making such drastic & abrupt changes

62nd has a *** of people specced into light/assaults and we dont see them whine, why should you then?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

A billion people worship cows bro. Why don't you ?

Because I am not doing that and you are a whiner?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Monster wrote:

Really *** me over, having full specced into assaults

Now I am faced with 20% penalty which is unacceptable to me since EP is the only thing that drives my characters progression at this point.

Need new respec system ASAP, especially if they keep making such drastic & abrupt changes

so you belong the those who instantly fully spec into the "flavor of the week"-built, despite the fact that a DEV already announced that it will be nerfed more then two weeks ago, and then complain afterwards that your IMBA built is now not "IMBA" anymore?
If your not satisfied, you can always reset your account for a small fee (20% of your EP)

btw, not saying that the stealth assaults been excessively overpowered - just aknowledged that there have been some, probably uninteded features, that made them unbalanced.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The assaults are still a great platform. 1 assaults vs 1 mech is still close. 5 assaults vs 5 mechs is a whitewash.

That's more important to note is that ewar mechs + assaults is powerful. The assaults can easily kill the tackles, are as fast as the mechs and the ewar mechs can provide support. Like protect the VIP. They also can go 70+KPH easily.

So there shouldn't be any problems. Mechs are good at shooting mechs but need ewar support too. The bottle neck is affording ewar support.

I can see very well how those assaults gangs are not anymore happy; srry to hear that many respeced into the assaults hoping to get some kind of benefice form the evident OPness. Now you may actually have to risk a signal masker or some important module and no just ride a 500k bot and jump with your friends over tirered mechs.
Working as intended, ty for change.

Lemon wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

Are these values for a mech to see them or a e-war light?

Any bot seeing any other bot.  I'm not saying everything should see really well, but the minimum-maxiumum of any good detector or bad masker without any mods on.