Topic: Items appear in private storage before trade is completed

If I start a trade with another player, the items they are offering me will show up in my private storage window *before* we complete the trade.  It makes it seem as if those items are actually in your storage and is very confusing.

Re: Items appear in private storage before trade is completed

+1

Also remove from the hangar the items I offer when I offer them (and put them back if/when the transaction is cancelled).

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

While we are on the subject, if both people offer the same item into a trade, say one offers 10 LWF and the other offers 2 LWF, then the trade fails

+1 for items being traded disappearing from your hanger. Makes it hard to know if I've dragged it across or not for large trades.

Mouse Tiger - I think yours is a separate issue which needs a separate thread. Good find though.

Rodger Wilcoe wrote:

+1 for items being traded disappearing from your hanger. Makes it hard to know if I've dragged it across or not for large trades.

Mouse Tiger - I think yours is a separate issue which needs a separate thread. Good find though.

It may or may not be related. The fact that the offered items eventually appear in the other hangar may in fact impact the ability of the code to distinguish objects that exist and those that do not.

Avatar Creations have a lot to learn about economy
-- Snowman

6 (edited by Akasun 2011-07-22 07:50:54)

When trading, you can get ghost items to appear in private storage. I've verified that the item doesn't actually duplicate, but it is very confusing.

steps to duplicate:
1) player A: open a trade window to player B
2) player A: drag item X to it to trade -> send offer
3) player B: drag another item to player B's trade window
4) player B: ghost item X shows up in player B's private storage

ghost item X will disappear on its own if you move it to another storage area. if you don't do that, you can get info on it or do something really wacky like put ghost item X in the trade window. however, the trade window will correctly note that the item doesn't actually exist when you click on send offer.

Noted. (#3606)

This has been around a long time but it's got to see it's noted.
Maybe we'll see a bug fix patch now?

fixed in next patch