Topic: Tellesis

I cant speak for the other two newer alpha islands,

but doesn't someone thing that island is a bit out of the line?

on one hand, plants got nerfed with last patch down to max 50 cycles (or 25?), while on the whole island, theres an estimated count of max 75 plants of triandlus and 50 helioptris, and 90% of them only reachable with light bots.

on the other hand, there are 255-cycle-per tile huge ore deposits about everywhere, with not threat from roaming npcs and almost Line-of-sight travel back to terminal.

ontop of that, the terrain/obstacle layout and NPC placement makes it a perfect solo-farming ground for dual-boxing agents with an Industrial Mech that takes more aggro then the combat bot, but stays either behind something or at the edge of the npc travel distance.

The word about those facts must have been spread already, as its already more populated then ics alpha (including the whole pink-enhanced-logo M2S carebear group)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Tellesis

I've not been on the other 2 alphas either. Tellesis is pretty fun... I solo a 5 mech spawn in my kain big_smile

All the new alpha islands have a lot of ore on them. I realize you're seeing m2s there, and think it's unbalanced because of that, however it's a great place to gather resources. I don't see it as a huge threat to the entire game.

Just players taking advantage of the good spots. You'll notice with the spread the spots on alpha will be decent as well.

Other corps knew of the good resources there as well, RG, TOG etc. I don't think you've seen them.

I don't see much unbalanced about it to be honest.

I suppose it depends on which type of bot your using to farm with. "Star" bots are weak to laser fire, so having open terrain is good for hunting, while the dips and shelves of the Asintec island makes for good missle bot work.

Dont focus on the sidenote of that first post.

I am seeing more and more player there - i wrote that also into that post.

The questions is: WHY are there corps that have now unlimited access to beta islands with better outposts, better spawns and better ore deposits... oh wait, why do we have 100 cycle deposits on attalica, with roaming npcs and stuff that can happen, but 255 cycle deposits all over tellesis which is relative EMPTY.

and unlike any earlier expectations - CIR is Powermining the same spot day after day, since the expansion went life.

And they are mining a a blob of rivelers.

i just mentioned m2s as the most used quote from them since early beta was "no risk no fun" - and now they are all farming on the themepark alpha island with the lowest risk factor you can imagine.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

You're right.

People mine common mats on alpha so they don't expose themselves to risk on beta. It's a working strategy. It's one that people do on tellesis then ship in the commons when low "threat" on their time zone. Thus opens up the possibility for more pvp.

Gankers in addition gladly contribute to pushing miners back on alpha.

I'm not clear the point in your post, or what point you wish to say?

Isn't it nice that there is plenty of ore for you to use and have, and monsters? It's good for solo players and let's them have a line up.

From the blog post:

NPC balancing

Electronic warfare NPCs are annoying little bastards. We play our game too (srsly), and the feeling that they are a bit too much for the newbies has been growing in us for some time now too. They are usually easy to kill, but when they get together with their damage dealing friends, they can easily overwhelm an inexperienced player. If you get in trouble near one of these spawns, it’s already too late to run.

With the introduction of the new islands we’ve got some more playroom for balancing, so we’ll lighten up the old starter alpha islands a bit by either removing EW NPCs from spawns, or reduce them to one. We’ll also remove or replace high ranked NPCs that are too close to the alpha terminals, so new Agents who are not so familiar with NPC names won’t get slaughtered after a few steps on Nia.

I think, part of the NPC issue with Telleis is simply that many vet's, including myself, far out EP/equip the 3 and 4 star bots; but choose not to go to the harder spawns on Beta.

Alpha-II's aren't meant to be the hardest spawns. If farming NPC's on Alpha-II required 6 months of EP and MK-II bots, then PVE players would have nothing to do after they 'conqured' the Alpha-I islands after 2 months of EP.

Point being that I can take (3) 4 star Ewar and (2) 3 star assault DPS with my Baph MK-II with T4 lasers and tuners and level 7 basic skills. However, if you tune that spawn to where it is 'difficult' for me, then the 3 month EP player with a MK I won't have a chance.

Minerals and Roaming bots, I agree with you completely. The only difference I can see in alpha-I vs. II is the distances to outpost. On Alpha-I, your never more than 2-3k from an outpost or teleport when mining. It would be highly challenging on alpha-II, with it's single outpost, to get your 50 kph Riveler on/off the field when your 4-5k from an outpost or TP. So, while there should be roamers, they should be 'slow' mechs and 'rarer' then on Alpha-I.

Titan isn't supposed to be rare remember, so putting 12 islands worth of Titan on 6 islands is going to result in red fields.

Some adjustments are needed, but keep in mind that Alpha's 'are' carebear Islands and the added 'logistics' for beta corps to move titan around isn't a negligable factor in the equation for having titan red tiles.

Annihilator wrote:

and unlike any earlier expectations - CIR is Powermining the same spot day after day, since the expansion went life.

I beg your pardon, we are not in any case "powermining" anything. At most, there is ~8-10 miners stationed at Tellesis to supply the ongoing production, very frequently without a buffing riveler.

The main bulk of our mining fleet is still located on Novastrov. I think we peaked at 24 rivelers +1 buffing riveler the night before last, when we were mining epriton.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

I beg your pardon, we are not in any case "powermining" anything. At most, there is ~8-10 miners stationed at Tellesis to supply the ongoing production, very frequently without a buffing riveler.

The main bulk of our mining fleet is still located on Novastrov. I think we peaked at 24 rivelers +1 buffing riveler the night before last, when we were mining epriton.

24 Rivelers would be ... like 3 acutal players right smile

I jest, but mining is one of those activites that lends itself, and rightly so, to multi-boxing; much more so than combat. After getting there and setting up, it is rather boring and 2-3 accounts per player allows other combat players to concentrate on protecting the group and/or NPC farming (which is much more difficult to multi-box).

this topic can be moved to "resolved"

the roaming observer is deadly, the plants are now everywhere...
and the npc-farming-fit of the month is not only related to that island.

Replaced Indy tuner with ECCM -.-

I got my tyrannos poped by observer there earlier. Lulz. lol

I hope it was a superior, because if it was a grand one I will laugh hard tongue

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

I hope it was a superior, because if it was a grand one I will laugh hard tongue

It had to be.  Although id never let it kill me, but I don't have a chance to solo that kain in my gropho because of its ecms and rep power.  100% ecm even with eccm.... and it nearly out reps my long range dps.

->You just lost The Game<-

havent met the superiour observer since the small unanounced AI change, but i never saw it repairing itself the two times i killed it, though my seth can stay out of its ecm/demob/dps range anyway.

The superior Kain can outrep you pretty fast, I had the same problem as Neoxx - too much ecm. The heavy mechs have the range to shoot you from about 650m - pretty evil- but don't rep.

I am not sure about the other colors, but all the grand's are easy to kill smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Annihilator wrote:

I cant speak for the other two newer alpha islands,

but doesn't someone thing that island is a bit out of the line?

I think your whole argument is not valid until you can look around the other A2 islands. I've been living in Tellesis, only because my corp operates there.

Max plants on Tellesis is 50, and they are harvested out near the terminal and heavy traffic areas.  Move away from it and that fixes your problem. Heaven forbid that you need to be in a light bot to harvest the hard to reach areas. Until I see other islands, I see no problem here. If anything, once I have a good foot in the door in EP and cash, I might explore other A2 islands since the A1 are laggy. I only go to B Islands to Ninja the high end ore. So sooner or later, I will get blown up.

The Alpha-2 islands have all been adjusted in a previous patch, the OP portion of this thread has been corrected already.

Annihilator wrote:

this topic can be moved to "resolved"

the roaming observer is deadly, the plants are now everywhere...
and the npc-farming-fit of the month is not only related to that island.

Zex, you should not only read the first post that is already 4 weeks old with 4 patches inbetween your answer and the start of the topic

*Fixes forum settings to better reflect correct date order.v*