Topic: Thelodic Heavy Mech

Following the Thelodic line of bots, why does the Seth have "Shield Absorption" as a bonus and not the "Armor Enhancements" that almost every other Thelodic bot/mech does ???

Re: Thelodic Heavy Mech

because it would be to powerfull with armor bonus, and the shield bonus makes it much more versatile.

earlier the artemis had that shield bonus too instead of the resists.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

*digs*

just had a nice chat with "Surprise" (thanks) about the seth's bonuses. i'm new to perpetuum and i'm trying to figure out how the shield bonus makes the seth more versatile than an armor bonus or accu bonus would do!

please enlighten me with some scenarios. i still can't imagine why i would fit a shield on a seth instead of damage or armortank.

The Shield bonus allows for you to easily fit a effect shield tank on the seth or fit a damage build and use the large accumulator pool with a shield to help avoid some of the incoming damage.

With 5 Leg/Head slots you are free to really fit the Seth to armor or shield tank as with out advanced shield skills the mech bonus does not make a very large difference when fitting a proper shield tank.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

what's a good example for a shield tanked seth? shield generator and a ton of accu modules?

and some shield hardners i think.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

lol i've just found shield hardeners in market, but.. i wtfed.

so - the shield tank is based on accumulator, right? how does a shield tank work? there are also 6 laser guns sucking much accu. how can this be efficient? the only thing i can imagine: shield hardener gives a 50% absorption boost. incoming damage will be lowered by shield hardeners + seth bonus + shield generator and the remaining incoming damage sucks accu. i need to fit accu recharges to compensate the accu loss a bit and when i get heavy damage i have to turn off my weapons to boost my tank.

is this roughly the way it goes?

8 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-06 14:44:29)

The shield hardners make the shield last longer. Without skills the accu to hp conversion is 1:1 or something like that. With enough hardeners and some skills I've seen it go down to 0.073 accu for 1 HP. Yes, you need either more rechargers or someone who is transferring accu to you, or energy injectors.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

thank you, sir

a long range seth will need many accumulator modules to feed 6 t4 long range laser at maximum fire-rate. what would be better then shield to fend off incomming ballistic missiles?

other option would be a shield tanked seth with 4 neuts/drainer and two med MGs as last resort weapon. (yellow ictus)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Another way to manage the acc problems arising with shield tank + lasers is to have a battery bot on follow (needs 2 accounts or a buddy). Basically a Symbiont with energy transferrers. Works a treat.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ontop of that, the symbiont should carry a accu-nexus, whcih will always work, even if the symbiont was jammed.

when terraforming was implemented, the seth can be very tough defense-towers. (to bad there was no fraps footage fo the beta event where we have tested that)