Topic: Tactical Overlay Please

Yes another feature from eve is needed. The tactical overlay.

A tactical overlay with range circles around your bot would be great, would help determining range visually easier.

Also the ability to hover over your weapons and it showing you your optimum range + Falloff would save me a lot of clicking!

Re: Tactical Overlay Please

we had some request like that very often already... and it was always denied by the pvp player as it "would dumb down the gameplay".

please bring arguments why it wont dumb it down, thanks.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

In EVE the tactical overlay was useful as you were in the void of space with no way of telling how far distances where unless they were on the overview.

Here we're on the terrain and with one click we can see how far anything is from us. It's also a good idea to use the range marker on the radar at about 1000m to get a good idea of distances.

I do like the idea of hovering over your weapons so that their tool-tip display "Name (Ammo) [Optimal+Falloff]"

I think would be better more changable circles or why not I think is easy to put in to game isn t?

For looking range, for optimal range for demob for what do you want so it will be fine.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Having some visual feedback on targeted bots would be valuable, instead of having to look down at the targeting computer, have that information displayed in a HUD format around the target. That is the same info in the targeting computer would be displayed on the target.

This of course would have to be configurable by the agent, to be always there or there on mouse over then fade. Probably always on for primary.

No to tactical overlay in this game.  It was necessary in EVE but made EVE play like some weird RTS with a hero unit against little red crosses (i.e. there was seldom any reason to be zoomed in and immersed in the action and fx) - in short, it made EVE combat boring (or to be more precise, engaging in a tactical, cerebral sense, but not very visceral).

Combat generally in Perpetuum is very well pitched, and much more immersive and visceral, partly because it lacks a tactical overlay, or any need for one.

I'm not a big fan of the tactical overlay (even in eve) but more info on the lock radical would be nice.

Arga wrote:

Having some visual feedback on targeted bots would be valuable, instead of having to look down at the targeting computer, have that information displayed in a HUD format around the target. That is the same info in the targeting computer would be displayed on the target.

This of course would have to be configurable by the agent, to be always there or there on mouse over then fade. Probably always on for primary.

The distance IS displayed next to your locked targets....

->You just lost The Game<-

It's actually more relevant here than in Eve, with line of sight and objects blocking fire.

Sabre906 wrote:

It's actually more relevant here than in Eve, with line of sight and objects blocking fire.

So you want a LOS checker?  Wow, you're on fire today!

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:
Sabre906 wrote:

So you want a LOS checker?  Wow, you're on fire today!

To be fair to him, LOS can get a bit messed up sometimes in this game.. I understand the reason why and im not sure anything can actually be done about it (other than make the grid even more fine grained, thus increasing load) but that's still not a good reason to add it as it works both ways.

Neoxx wrote:
Arga wrote:

The distance IS displayed next to your locked targets....

Awesome, they implemented my suggestion overnight without a patch!!

Not sure how I never noticed that, can I blame it on sitting 3 meters away from a 48 inch TV with .01 Font sizes?