1 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-07-05 12:05:56)

Topic: Re-order Weapons in field-UI

I like to be some kind of suporter. So I fitted 2 remote-repair-units and was a bit disapointed, that I can not arange my fitted weapons and the two remote repairer.

As I plan to build something like 2 * remote repair, 2 * energy transfare, 2 * weapons for my Arbalester it would mean, that I have to press (just excample, don't know which one it realy will be):
- F1 + F4 for my two weapons
- F2 + F5 for my two remot repair units
- F3 + F6 for my two remote energy units

WE RR RE WE RR RE

That's not very comfortable sad.

I'd rather would like to "group" them like:
- F1 + F2 for remote repair
- F3 + F4 for remote energy
- F5 + F6 for weapons

RR RR RE RE WE WE

By "group" I don't mean to use one key to aktivate two!
Just to move them together so I have a more logical order.

Would this be posible @DEVs?
(maybe it is allready and I just did not found out how).

Re: Re-order Weapons in field-UI

You can change the bindings to get your second set. It just wouldn't affect the order of the HUD buttons. So for your example fit, set slots 1 and 4 to f1 and f2 (and so on). And get used to double-checking your settings when you change bots/fits.

Check also to see if you could rearrange your equipment at fitting to get the keystrokes you want.

Being able to rearrange equipment visually would certainly be handy, though.

Well, that re-assigne of key bindings is posible but very confusing when you switch between Corp-Suport and Solo-Missioning or any other reason to chang your fitting.
And it would be confusing, if the equip in slot 1 is key 4, item in slot 4 key 3, item in slot 3 key 1 wink.

So it might work as "workaround" but shouldn't be a final result.

Remote Reps are "industrial" slots
Remote Energy are "not deffined" slots

So you can't put them where you like but must place them into the pre-deffined slots.

I can understand, that some equipment must be placed into specific slots as it might cause rander-problems if you place them somewhere else.
However this shouldn't effect, where I place the equipment at the quickbar.

4 (edited by Norrdec 2011-07-05 15:08:15)

+1 with reordering weapons.

You can do that with leg slots and head slots (in station, but still), why not with weapons? smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

+1 with reordering weapons.

You can do that with leg slots and head slots (in station, but still), why not with weapons? smile

because weapons are visible on the bot, leg-/headslots are not.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Right, and that's why I said "just on the quickbar" wink.

7 (edited by Arga 2011-07-05 20:25:36)

Also you would want the 'order' to be saved when docking/teleporting and be tied to a specific bot only. Since your modules are going to change with different bots.

That means the game would have to track UI settings for EVERY BOT you activate. It would be nothing but irritating if you had to drag your modules around everytime you TP'd or undocked, like it is now with setting leg modules from auto to manual. And too confusing when switching bots if it didn't.

Edit: And I do mean everybot, not just classes of bots since you could have a mining termis and a repper termis, as well as bots in the corp inventory... much much more information that needs to be stored.