Topic: Perma-crash after installing patch today

I installed the patch from today and now perp won't run at all.
All I get is the crash report window. Sometimes I get as far as the character selection screen, or even into the game for about a minute or 2 max, but then a crash.

I deleted the gbf file and re-downloaded it, same problem.

So I uninstalled the game completely, re-downloaded the install itself and re-installed and the same problem.

Sadness. Dunno what to do now, although by the sheer amount of crash reports I sent this evening I'm sure the perp guys know about it.

Re: Perma-crash after installing patch today

please try again.
a new version of the client was uploaded just a moment ago

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Indeed, my perp is back.
No patch was downloaded, but maybe I missed it.

But anyway, thx for the response <3

For the record, I have no idea what the hell caused it.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

I have a similar problem. This is the second time it's happened. After I download the update it crashes. When I try to restart the game it tells me Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. The last time I installed the game into a different directory and it started working again. I tried everything else under the sun and nothing worked. Even tech support couldn't help me through emails. Surely I shouldn't have to install the game into a different directory every time I download an update. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

so some other fun games you can regret downloading a patch before it's been out for a bit was one where the following happened:

1.Users didn't wait and everyone downloaded as fast as possible.
2.Suddenly BOOT.INI goes missing from windows XP files.
3.UH OH sad

I usually wait 2-6 hours after a patch is released now smile.

Yeah the boot.ini one was good times. Found out how many people I worked with played that game at work when they called me to come fix their pc's lol.

Always good to have a few lemmin..err eager people download and install patches first to test drive it smile