Topic: Share Geoscan information with squad?

Seems like this would would be a good feature especially for people who mine in groups. One bot specializes in geoscanning more, and he shares the info with the other bots in his squad.

Thoughts?

Re: Share Geoscan information with squad?

I haven't gotten around to squad mining just yet, but I can see the value in this.  It's worth noting that miner head slots would potentially be freed up for other stuff as well.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

With the up coming canister change, it may be possilbe to put the scan results into the contaner. You can do the scan and then share it from the corporate folder, which is highly inconvient to say the least.

I don't think we'll see anything where the results just directly show up on the terrain for all squad members though; or at least this would be a much bigger change than just allowing the scan into the field container.

4 (edited by Sundial 2011-07-04 19:04:46)

Arga wrote:

With the up coming canister change, it may be possilbe to put the scan results into the contaner. You can do the scan and then share it from the corporate folder, which is highly inconvient to say the least.

I don't think we'll see anything where the results just directly show up on the terrain for all squad members though; or at least this would be a much bigger change than just allowing the scan into the field container.

Even this would be a welcome change.... right now I manually position my Sequer (it does the geoscanning for my termis) on the ore and then target the tile with my termis... It works, but its annoying to say the least >_>. I invested in geoscanning on the Sequer acct which also does mining sometimes.... Seems redundent to invest in something that could be shared more than one time.

This is on the drawing board. Read Summer #2 blog big_smile