Topic: passive resistance mods

passive resistance mods.... yes i know they have a universal armor hardener that gives 30 points of resistance...but why aren't there any that only increase 1 damage type with a base of idk maybe 40 points for t1 and cheap with the max of a t4 being 65 points max there isnt any reason why they should do more then active hardeners

Re: passive resistance mods

Sounds a bit too powerful. The active hardeners already give a passive bonus of (i believe) 25.

yes but there less then the universal....they would only give resistance to 1 damage type and not as much as an active hardener only plus is it cant be turned off from cap drain

They really use hardly any accumulator to run.  If you dont like how much they use, I'd suggest just waiting a while and it will get much easier.

->You just lost The Game<-

its not the cap use thats killing me its what happens when they get turned off

compare mass and fitting costs of the universal (passive) hardener, and the active ones.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It would be a nerf to neuts.

not when u consider the fact that they will never be as good as active hardeners

a universal hardener does more than 4 inactive active-hardeners, seems crazy to me.
Inactive active-hardeners should do more imho

and i think they are just fine:
Chart

see, a single active thermal hardener negates the natural gap in resist of the blue mech.
while a single universal plate may have more effect on the resists, it has 2,5x the mass and almost twice the CPU costs of the aktive ones.
Ontop of that - Universal plates are MUCH more expensive

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Also, against passive mods because the active ones already have a good passive bonus.. (And an absolutely amazing active bonus)

one simple question arises - what do you want to archieve with this change? where is the imbalance? where is the module that doesn't get used by any1, or the module that is so overpowered that every one prefers it above the alternatives?

a universal plate will eventually give me more overall resists, but it doesnt help me at all against my greates weakness as much as an active hardener. i have to stack in 3 uni hardeners to fix that hole with the same efficiency as a single hardener does, that
- takes a really small ammount of AP,
- adds by fare less mass to my bot/mech
- doesn't consume all those CPU points that i need for offensive modules

Please keep it relevant. Topic cleaned up.

thank you for cleanup - no place for politics here.

updated the chart there - i was under the false impression that the passive and active component of the hardeners are not stacked.

now corrected the chart and you can see that three active hardeners are better against most stuff then three passive ones... (exception: robots with passive resist bonus)