Topic: Mouse Buttons

I would like the option to configure my mouse instead of some keyboard keys. Most games have this, and so should Perpetuum as well.

Re: Mouse Buttons

I agree.

Would be awesome

yes please.

As the owner of a 7 button mouse.. I too agree..

(I would also like Perp to not run as admin so it doesn't steel my mouse button for vent, but that's a different issue)

Been spammed out so many times, and yet it's still relevant... I agree.

In the meantime, just bind functions to $ and &, etc, then bind your mouse buttons to those keys.

sry for necro but having problems doing this.

I have a logitech mx 518 which i want to bind a few of the buttons to ingame functions. normally this is no problem but i cant get it to work here. I have tried a couple of different pieces of software. With the logitech setpoint software there is no effect in game. i cant get the keystrokes to even show in a chat window, they work fine when out of game. the other piece of software i used, X mouse-button control, works a bit but not properly. With that program i can make text appear in the ingame chat when i press my mouse button but it wont fire ze missiles.

can anyone who has managed to get this working post some instructions?

better yet, could the devs just let us map functions to mouse keys.

hmm, my G700 works fine to macro chain activate my weapons, or to open different windows

you have to make sure the perpetuum window has focus, and the CHAT is not activated.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear