1 (edited by Toiletduck 2010-12-01 01:21:37)

Topic: Ability to set process affinity

Hi, I'm pretty sure I should be able to set process affinity for the game (using the task manager) so that I can run multiple clients and control which process does which client..etc..

But no matter what I do, it gives me an access is denied error.. I'm running it as administrator so not sure why this is..

I'm fully willing to accept that this is me doing something wrong here, but is there a reason why I can't set the affinity in this game?  Is this a game issue?

If it is, I'd like to be able to do that smile

Re: Ability to set process affinity

Toiletduck wrote:

Hi, I'm pretty sure I should be able to set process affinity for the game (using the task manager) so that I can run multiple clients and control which process does which client..etc..

But no matter what I do, it gives me an access is denied error.. I'm running it as administrator so not sure why this is..

I'm fully willing to accept that this is me doing something wrong here, but is there a reason why I can't set the affinity in this game?  Is this a game issue?

If it is, I'd like to be able to do that smile

Most likely the files are being accessed already when you fire up the second client, thus you get Access denied. This happens when you try to run it twice out of the same install, you should (devs know more on this) be able to make it work if you have two seperate installs of the game in different locations in your system.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Hey Zhyntil, you're getting into computer "magic" hehe.. 

I'm only running one client atm and I still can't set affinity.. sad

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I am able to set the process affinity of a single client to whatever I want.

Are you running with UAC turned on?  That might cause an access denied error if you don't explicitly run task manager as admin.

Use 2 different installs.