Topic: Liquid and Harvesting quantity questions

I'm wondering what quantities of liquid and plants miners get.

To put it another way, I'm trying to buy Phlobotil for production use and the quantities of HDT and Helioptris shown, when I check refining, for the quantity of Phlobotil I'm looking for, are rather large (as in hundreds of thousands of units for each).

The price I put up per unit is the highest on any market but if the quantities don't match up with what they are harvesting, that won't mean a lot.  It is, as usual, far under asking prices but some of those tend to be way out of whack - I just don't know enough about this yet.

I guess "Fair pricing" is what I'm aiming for, not "best price on the market".  If folks don't sell the stuff due to vast amounts needed to make it then perhaps I'll need to look at another approach, such as harvesting it myself or recycling stuff to get it.

Re: Liquid and Harvesting quantity questions

Phlobotil looks cheap at the moment. I am not going to sell mine at the current supply price of 160, if you are trying to buy at 85, you will have a long wait.

Mouse Tiger wrote:

Phlobotil looks cheap at the moment. I am not going to sell mine at the current supply price of 160, if you are trying to buy at 85, you will have a long wait.

Thanks for the reply. 

As I stated, I have no clue what's a fair price.  I came up with the value I used based upon someone trying to overcharge about 30% on ammo - if new - or someone price gouging a bit with skills.  Your level zero's out any form of profit for new folks but that's not a major issue. Someone with skills would make a bit at the current low-end prices on missiles.

As for a long wait:  Not really - over 500 units in about 3 hours but if it's price gouging, that doesn't go over well with me, that's why the question.  It'll fill in perhaps a day at that rate and, as stated, it was the highest out there.

I'm just trying to get a feel for how it all works so I figured I'd ask.

4 (edited by Tazca 2011-07-03 16:06:59)

I'd say only a fool would sell to a buy order of 85. If we value HDT as 0.56NIC/pc and Helioptris 1.80NIC/pc (highest buy orders atm), making one phlobotil would cost (with 100% refining) 164NIC (~150NIC with 110%~ refining). As for buy orders, I myself could consider selling to 135-140+ NIC buy orders (-10% value), since converting from HDT/Helio to phlobotil compresses the material by 20x and thus saves time in hauling.

Marak Mocam wrote:

I came up with the value I used based upon someone trying to overcharge about 30% on ammo

Where one person sees overcharging of 30%, another enterprising individual will see profit margins of 30%.

So make some and .01 them. Make loadsa money.

There are so many variables involved in the pricing of commodities that trying to compute and post a fair market value is a fools errand.

Currently the majority of new players are dominating the market, with low skills and starter bots, the 'cost' to create a commodity is much higher then a vetern player; so the new players production costs are higher, so they have to charge more.

Vet's COULD under price them, but why would they? The materials are on the market, so the game is benefiting from good supplys, pushing the price lower will simply run the new players out of the market, which would be bad.

Players that have been starving for 5 months are now reaping some rewards from the new player influx, which is also good for them, and it won't last so the long-term effect on the market will be the lowering of prices as new players get better skills and start undercutting each other.

This is a game with lots of eve vets, so they are already aware of the Forum market manipulation tricks, there just hasn't been the volume or population to bother using them.

Arga wrote:

There are so many variables involved in the pricing of commodities that trying to compute and post a fair market value is a fools errand.

Currently the majority of new players are dominating the market, with low skills and starter bots, the 'cost' to create a commodity is much higher then a vetern player; so the new players production costs are higher, so they have to charge more.

Vet's COULD under price them, but why would they? The materials are on the market, so the game is benefiting from good supplys, pushing the price lower will simply run the new players out of the market, which would be bad.

Players that have been starving for 5 months are now reaping some rewards from the new player influx, which is also good for them, and it won't last so the long-term effect on the market will be the lowering of prices as new players get better skills and start undercutting each other.

This is a game with lots of eve vets, so they are already aware of the Forum market manipulation tricks, there just hasn't been the volume or population to bother using them.

In case you didn't realize it - 'fair market' would be based upon raw material extraction rates and the prices of those raw materials plus a bit.

Without knowing how much material someone extracts, there's no way to tell comparing the market and checking the market first is the best way to find out info.

Example:  20k per minute extraction rate would be 1.2 million units per hour - so on and so forth.

Another way to look at it - check out the market on reactor plasma - there are sell orders up for more than the infinite buy orders.  New folks often have no clue what the hell they are doing and there were few orders for raw materials up when I checked.

No it's not a waste of time asking after such information and the comments here show it wasn't.

As for that "30% profit" gig - that's based upon someone who used a 50% baseline CT, with the bare minimum skills to make 1 run with 1 cycle.  ANY skills beyond "can make 1" would lower the costs.

PS: What vets "could" do and what they tend to do are usually way the hell out of line with each other.  Most don't think enough about low end, being more concerned "elsewhere".  There's nothing uncommon about this in any game with crafting - from M59 days up through current game releases.

Marak Mocam wrote:

In case you didn't realize it - 'fair market' would be based upon raw material extraction rates and the prices of those raw materials plus a bit.

This could quickly digress into a fair market vs free market debate. But since it is a free market, the price will end up being set at what the market can support.

Arga wrote:
Marak Mocam wrote:

This could quickly digress into a fair market vs free market debate. But since it is a free market, the price will end up being set at what the market can support.

I hadn't thought of it that way but you're right.  That conversation would be ill advised. tongue