Topic: Question about rates and market ranges

I have a couple of questions about the markets system, specifically the rates area.

The questions are:

Under Rates, there is a dropdown called 'market' that can show local and global, and I'd like to know what/how many markets are covered by each, in terms of quantities traded.

For example, if I choose 'local' and select a specific type of ammunition, I might see that 1,200 has been sold in the last couple of days, whereas global might show that 8,000 has been sold.

1. Under 'local', what markets is that referring to? The specific outpost I am in, all outposts in the same region as me, 'markets in range' or something else?

2. Under 'global', again does that refer to every single market and sale *everywhere* in PO or does it relate to a subset (e.g. all markets in range?)

Any light you can shed is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cas.

Re: Question about rates and market ranges

what it says - local is the building your in,
and global is server wide.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sticking to the market theme are there any plans to reduce the number of infinite buy/sell orders so we can properly fill out the market?

i can understand some stuff being kept like that but modules like armor reppers etc i dont think should be?
anyway thanks for all the sterling work u guys have put in recently

There used to be many more items with infinite buy/sell orders, I'd hope that with the increased player base we'll see even less items with them.

Grevous wrote:

Sticking to the market theme are there any plans to reduce the number of infinite buy/sell orders so we can properly fill out the market?

i can understand some stuff being kept like that but modules like armor reppers etc i dont think should be?

What I'd wonder about is if you can reverse engineer the stuff to a CT, then manufacture and sell for less than the infinite order values. 

Example:  Something that sells at 180k can be made and sold for 30k - in such a case, infinite prices would have zero impact on the market beyond allowing someone to do unreasonable prices.

You could still potentially sell such an item at 5x the manufacturing costs (150k) for an 80% mark-up.

If not, then perhaps adjustments to the manufacturing costs -OR- the infinite item prices would be more in order to ease "taking over" by the players from such infinite sources.

The true cost for mods are manufacturing cost and mining time (for a pure indu player/corp) for a std item that is.
But everyone wants to sell their stuff like it was made from ores bought from the market wink

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

True Norrdec. But time is NIC. And when we are talking about T1 items going to market, it's mostly independant producers or combat pilots that repair and sell. Focusing just on the independant producer, this player is not neccesarily a miner also. As you point out it takes time to mine and haul, it's more profitable to vertically integrate sure, but you also have to play many hours per day to supply your production needs. It's more effcient for producers to buy off the market, hence the pricing based on market prices, and it stimulates the entire logistics chain and generates a healthier material's market.

Marak Mocam wrote:
Grevous wrote:

What I'd wonder about is if you can reverse engineer the stuff to a CT, then manufacture and sell for less than the infinite order values. 

Example:  Something that sells at 180k can be made and sold for 30k - in such a case, infinite prices would have zero impact on the market beyond allowing someone to do unreasonable prices.

You could still potentially sell such an item at 5x the manufacturing costs (150k) for an 80% mark-up.

If not, then perhaps adjustments to the manufacturing costs -OR- the infinite item prices would be more in order to ease "taking over" by the players from such infinite sources.

the existing buy orders on say lairds just create a ceiling price.  most capitalist ideals suggest under cut by only a slight amount so as your making it look better than the full blown amount.

I just hope int he future as te market expands they will be removed.  It sounds like this has happened in the past so i guess we'll wait and see

It may be possible to remove some of the sell orders, but it won't be until there is a much larger population. Previous to this unexpected Eve-rush, there were not enough new players buying starter bots to make it worth using the materials to produce them. Just like any business, having stock in inventory reduces your captial, so you want to build things with a faster turn-over. This is what drives the lowering of prices, and while an argano doesn't have a large capital investment, they also don't provide a large return for advanced producers.

By the time the new wave of eve'sters are at the point were they can produce starter bots in quantity, the wave will be past.

Eventually, with 1000's of players online, there will be enough of a mix between new/med/vet to fill the complete supply line, but until then, having starte bots available at reasonable prices from the NPC corp will ensure a good starting experience; also consider that new players get one of those bots for free.