Topic: Dev's Compensation for Downtime

As I have been reading posts about the Devs going to compensate their playerbase with 3-5 days of game time, this thought came to mind:

Can I have the equivalent EP instead? From the Dev's work I have seen so far, I would GLADLY pay for those days to help this company sustain itself than mooch a few extra days because of all this down time.

Re: Dev's Compensation for Downtime

A bad idea IMO, EP should only be time based, you've still accumulated EP while there have been server issues.

While I agree it would be a neat way to reward the new influx...I think it sets the wrong precedent for future interruptions and can make being subscribed for a month during trouble time give your account more ep then during a stable time.

Not the best idea.  I cringed when Eve Online did this and now anytime there is any sort of extended DT people start crying for free SP.  If the devs do any sort of compensation then game time would be best, since it accurately reflects the issues(not being able to log in).

GLiMPSE wrote:

While I agree it would be a neat way to reward the new influx...I think it sets the wrong precedent for future interruptions and can make being subscribed for a month during trouble time give your account more ep then during a stable time.

CCP does it because skill points are pixiles and don't cut into profit, unlike free game time. Greed is good.:P

Working server in a shortest possible time - it's already a good reward big_smile

I don't really care if there will be any reward or sorta. What about me, to see all the GM's and DEVs really working hard on the project - it's just great. I came from Neocron, i know what does DEV's attention means.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Many of the EVE vets will be over the moon with extra game time. Considering how whenever an expansion gets released and the servers go down for X days we get sweet f'all in return other than a 'We appreciate you be patient during this time'.

Kudos to the Devs for the extra game time o7

Give free game time (3-4 days) and all well.

smile

theoretically extended sub time IS extra EP.  If you calculate each month you pay for is like paying for an amount of EP.

I expect that they want to give time rather than EP in order to allow those on trial accounts and were unable to get in the chance to play.

Also, it sets a very bad precedent.

1 EP/Min.

It's simple, impossible to rules lawyer, and a foundation for persistance.

They need to save something for when micro-transactions are introduced anyway

*runs before he is set on fire*

-.-

Squinty eye's ... nuff said

Dev's handled this critical situation very well and fast.
I agree with more gametime,like stated above by others.
Some other company's could learn from Avatar Creations.

(And yes they payed me in cookies to say this.)

15 (edited by Ivor 2011-06-30 23:58:43)

The idea of a sandbox would be open for all types of scrutiny .

I prefer in no way the EP is influenced by outside forces (same as MT)

Another form of Pay to Win

My memory has gotten a bit fuzzy, but if I’m recalling correctly we learned on launch day that manipulating EP can be a tricky proposition.  Best to leave that sleeping bear be.

17 (edited by BP Juju 2011-07-01 13:46:03)

Folks, I'm going to assume that the majority of players here have been playing interweb MMO's for a length of time that would have them understand that downtime, upgrades, etc. happen.

With that understanding, we pay our subs and log in, knowing that disruptions can and inevitably will happen.

Said knowledge, imho, voids any need for refunds for short-terrm game play lost time. Now, if the server is down for 2-3 days straight or up to a week or more, then compensation (in the form of game time, not EP) might be in order.

We're talking in current situations about hours of lost game play at most. Not a big deal, really.

edit: wanted to clarify my compensation stance.