Topic: Unreachable Artifact

Island - New Virginia

Artifact coords - 1025, 1160

Even in 56 degree slope capability bot, I cannot get close enough to those coords to get artifact (pelistal infestation III)

FYI - The location is a mesa with a structure on top.  Coords come from 7 scans, where the results of each scan are cross-referenced with all others scans and lowest dev from mean is used to find location - long-winded way of saying I'm absolutely certain of coords.

Re: Unreachable Artifact

I suppose it had to happen eventually.

3 (edited by Annihilator 2011-06-29 20:31:41)

it will be somewhere else after server reset anyway... or after 24 hours.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Shadowfly 2011-06-29 21:27:33)

Annihilator wrote:

it will be somewhere else after server reset anyway... or after 24 hours.

Ok, I'll accept part of artifact hunting is an occassional out-of-reach result.

Thank you for the information and help, and thanks for avoiding the temptation to throw out an arrogant and annoying quip to a new player.

Shadowfly wrote:

Island - New Virginia

Artifact coords - 1025, 1160

Even in 56 degree slope capability bot, I cannot get close enough to those coords to get artifact (pelistal infestation III)

FYI - The location is a mesa with a structure on top.  Coords come from 7 scans, where the results of each scan are cross-referenced with all others scans and lowest dev from mean is used to find location - long-winded way of saying I'm absolutely certain of coords.

Out of curousity, what co-ords does the FOOM scan app give with these scans?

This happened on Tellesis also.  Out on the "port/warf" on the north side on the beach it is  not labeled as un-navi on the map but sure enough go up there and try to run the beach down the edge of the warf/pier/port its impossible I was with in 138 meters and stuck in water....  Ran the 5000m back around the structure and i was 400m away... wasted 10 r10s before i gave in lol..as Annihilator said it will move in 24 hours.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum