Topic: all terrain bot

when i harvest/mine, i invariably come across patches of plants/mineral which are located in areas which are inaccessible due to the gradient of the slope.

i would like a new class of bots somewhere between arkhe and light that can cover extreme slopes.

for extraction, this would make the problem of pesky inaccesible fields go away, and i suspect that if each faction were given such a bot as well, it would open up opportunities for light raiding parties in pvp taking advantage of impassable terrain.

of course, i know very little about pvp, so the all terrain ultra light bot might not be helpful there. but i know i'd use it in industry.

/witty sig

Re: all terrain bot

All the light bots have biggest slope degree. And yes, changig it somehow will cause another thread in balance big_smile

But if to implement something like that, i'd prefer to see it in a module that can be fitted on any bot, increasing degrees and decreasing something else.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Well it would be logical for it to decrease speed.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

4 (edited by Line 2011-06-30 07:36:08)

Speed at least. Demobs resist can be affected as well in some way.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Actually, this is what i was thinking the Navigation extension could do, instead of speed.

that is, bake in the speed to the bot, and let navigation increase the slope factor, which sort of makes sense, able to Navigate the slope better.

already hate that there is no real use for small industrial bots... even the slope advantage of them has not much use, as the heavy industrial mechs get almost the same, and ther terrain offers not much space that is only accessible with smalls.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear