Topic: Newb Problems

So here are my problems,

I can't figure out the best way to handle enemy groups.  I have two basic stategies:

1.  Charge in, hopefully kill a few, run away.
2.  Try to kite, pull the whole group anyways, shoot lasers into invisible dirt, run away.

How about a different strategy?

Also, I continue to repeat the newb missions over and over:

At what point do I get new missions?
At what point do I go to new locations?
I am not a big story guy, but is there any depth, or just grinding?

Thanks folks.

Re: Newb Problems

Typhoon wrote:

So here are my problems,

I can't figure out the best way to handle enemy groups.  I have two basic stategies:

1.  Charge in, hopefully kill a few, run away.
2.  Try to kite, pull the whole group anyways, shoot lasers into invisible dirt, run away.

How about a different strategy?

Also, I continue to repeat the newb missions over and over:

At what point do I get new missions?
At what point do I go to new locations?
I am not a big story guy, but is there any depth, or just grinding?

Thanks folks.

An easy working strategy with 1st lvl assignment is to well use the lock range. Basic bot usually have a poor lock range (120m 140m). If you can t beat that range just use a sensor amplifier.

In fact you just have to flee all 6-7 sec enough far to be unlocked but not too to avoid unlocking your target and fight and flee etc...

When you grind enough assignment to have enough relationship (more than 1.0) with one faction you will have access to 2nd grade assignment but you will need to find its in outpost (other than noob outpost).

And well, there isn't any kind of real story to explain that grind. It s just... War.

also alongside whats already been said, joining a corporation ( player run) is a big help as it gives more reason behind the grind, such as gathering the materials for the corp.

Thanks for the targeting info!  I ignored this aspect in previous combat, thinking it was a game of camparing armor and weapons exclusively.  Now combat is much more rewarding.  I am able to manulate the range/lock/targeting effectively and am having far more success and fun.  Simply popping outside enemy lock range gets you ten seconds of zero damage.  I am now actively manipulating weapons/scanners/reppers.

Typhoon wrote:

Thanks for the targeting info!  I ignored this aspect in previous combat, thinking it was a game of camparing armor and weapons exclusively.  Now combat is much more rewarding.  I am able to manulate the range/lock/targeting effectively and am having far more success and fun.  Simply popping outside enemy lock range gets you ten seconds of zero damage.  I am now actively manipulating weapons/scanners/reppers.

NOW your cooking with fire!

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.