1 (edited by Virlomi Silver 2011-06-29 19:23:29)

Topic: cap recharge rate

anyway you change the recharge rate from the 10sec burst to active recharge so that you can see its recharging all the time?

Re: cap recharge rate

It is constantly recharging, the server tracks the value and updates the client at a fixed time to reduce bw requirements.

The client could, in theory, smoothly adjust it and just correct it with each update. But because there are cycling weapons and/or head slot items continually using AP, more likley than not it would end up still 'jerking' around.

tldr; it would be a major change to the way the client works, so probably not soon.

Is it a linear recharge or is some other function applied?

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

4 (edited by Annihilator 2011-06-29 20:29:21)

actually, the client WAS "predicting" accumulator recharge some time ago, but it was so inaccurate due to lag that some though modules where bugged (ap consumption did not match the seen)

the server sends accumulator status every 3s or everytime its affected by a module.

recharge is semi linear

from 0-50% and from 50% to 100%

at 50% charge it has 200% recharge rate peak: (total size/recharge time)*2

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

^ what he said.

I like to think of it as Sinusoidal big_smile

It would be nice to have a visual indication of the instantaneous recharge rate. Not sure what that would be though

Perhaps a little window by the accumulator bar showing the phase of the sine curve, but then it would end up jumping around rather sporadically when you start using modules? Hmm.

So is it Sinusoidal or Linear?
Feels Sinusoidal to me, but I have not tested it.

the formula is linear, the result is a bell curve.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

9 (edited by Arga 2011-07-02 17:59:16)

ok, I know you know what your talking about anni, but.. you befuddled me.

a linear equation can't form a bell curve, because ya know, it's not linear, unless your saying the linear formula is modified with a sin function, then it would look like a bell curve.

Or, the last time I took a math class as 1994, I'm just plaing wrong... which happens.

Edit; Or if I reread what you post, your simply saying that it's linear except at 50%, so it's a compounded formula, and I should really take more time looking at what you write smile