1 (edited by Neoxx 2011-06-29 03:30:42)

Topic: Player Cap Etiquette

Since we'll possibly have this player cap for a while (they are not sure whats causing the lag, they'll continue looking into it tomorrow), its best people try to be as considerate to the new players as possible, and try to follow some basic rules to avoid unnecessary overcrowding.  I'd like to think that we all want the refugees to feel at home here, and be able to experience the game, so heres some basic guidelines:

1.  Dont sit in a terminal and spin your bot.  As fun as this may be, its actually unproductive.

2.  Dont watch your production lines tick down.  Do your business and get on your way.

3.  Dont sit and chat in general/eve channel.  As nice as the community is, I'm sure someone else would be rather out killing stuff and experiencing the game.

4.  Dual box accounts only when you need to.  Have a hauler alt?  Log out when not actually hauling stuff.

Obviously, you dont need to worry about these things when the server isnt full.  The current player cap is 350, and you can see the population here: http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png  (when its reached the cap, you'll see a straight line)

->You just lost The Game<-

Re: Player Cap Etiquette

/signd

Because the voices told me to do it.

Looks like the server is currently capped.  I have turned on the "no spinning" sign you can see above you next to the air vent.  And as always, thanks for choosing Perpetuum Air.

->You just lost The Game<-

Good use it!

(But haulers no log out because you log out cant log in, just try to quickly what you do.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Well, I'm just not playing for a few days. The EP generates no matter if I'm on or not, and I'll just pick things up again after things get sorted out. Thats one more spot for some of the new players.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

6 (edited by Major Hazzard 2011-06-28 10:42:43)

As one of those :bittervet: refugees who have broken your server and caused mayhem, I really appreciate this post and I'm really sorry we're disrupting your game sad . I've managed to log on a couple of times and worked through the initial mining / combat tutorials and just about to start on the assignment tutorial, but I've tried to limit my in-game time to allow others to get in too. Really enjoying what I'm seeing so far!

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for the law

True player Cap Etiquette
(Previous one was written by guys who want to be "daddies" for server)

1. Enjoy the game
2. If you lost, ask your questions in general chat or help chat.
3. If you bored, read paragraph 1.

I support this idea and am currently only using one of my three accounts at a time as far as possible (which, for a noob like myself isn't really a huge problem atm).

I didn't know about the IRC channel but will join tonight to further free up a server slot when I just want to socialize.

Happy to see what a great community this is. In EVE this thread would be a flame war by now.

Btw. Your server slot, I can has? SCNR. ;-)

appreciate this thread.
i subbed yesterday and have only been able to play once for 2 hours or so, got the tut missions almost done.
i know its our fault its swamped but when its all fixed i look forward to enjoyin this great game and hopefully we'll have an even bigger and more awseome community too!! cool

Signing on the dotted line here, too.

I think the original community here have been more than understanding, considering all of us Eve Escapees have come in and popped your home, and posts and etiquette like this make me smile inside wink.

Hopefully when the devs have got this all sorted (fingers crossed not too long) we can all frolic together in the sand.

Until somebody blows my carebearing *** to a million bits.

./signed

The Community, Devs, and GMs, here are great!  No worries from us EvE folks - take your time and get the fix right.

All those phail loosers whinning about stuff need to get a life.  These guys here at Perpetuum are the real deal.  Customer Service all the way baby!

#DoubleRainbowATW!!!

-Leo

In the spirit of letting other people experience perpetuum, Im not logging in for some time.

have fun!

Affiliated with CIR, Not actively playing, not neutral

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

Talking about player cap, that's one straight line, from downtime up to now. Looks like 450 though, not 500 wink

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png

New to the game, but spent last night grinding to get into a Sequer, first goal down so I'm decently satisfied. Pretty much sold on being here already (Devs & GM's that communicate? Who knew such mythical beasts existed?), so I'll just hang out in the irc when the numbers get high until the issue is sorted. Gives me time to work on some fanart anyway.

Good luck to all the even newer people and hope you get some time to enjoy the game. smile

P.S. Could a Mod do a /kill or such on my name on the irc? It seems to have glitched and is denying connection based on the belief that I'm still connected. =P Thanks!

Me and all of my corp CNEX will not log in for a few days so the new guys get a chance. Enyoi and subscribe!

Just don't be greedy, let new people play big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Being an EVE Escape myself I appreciate all the people who are giving us a chance to get in and learn a few things.  I've subbed up, joined my fellow eve exiles corp..  Learning a bit but its a slow process for sure to get the game mechanics down.

I'm glad to see the responsive dev's/gm's as well as the overwhelming support and welcoming from the perp vets.  I of course can only speak for myself, but im sure other eve ex-pats feel the same way, I appreciate everything that is being done to enhance the server to allow all of us to play the game side by side...

Heres to learning the game, making friends, making enemies and blowin *** up!