1 (edited by Catstep 2011-06-27 01:44:46)

Topic: Run Time Error After Teleport

My client has been blowing up once every 6-7 times I use the teleporter or dock at a station.

I'm pretty sure this has been reported since it is pretty common in the group I play in, but I would like to know if there is any fix for this or if any fix is inbound with a patch. The installer also had the same issue with run time errors so I wonder if that is connected.

Re: Run Time Error After Teleport

There is a known memory leak that is known to rear its ugly head after you teleport.  Gremrod also has this problem, and for him its pretty consistently after every 4 teleports.

No idea if a fix is being worked on, though.

->You just lost The Game<-

having the same issue myself, every 2nd teleport it gives a runtime error and dies, extremely annoying if your trying to mission run.

Also getting this error.

Happens when teleporting and entering/leaving terminals, though not as frequent, usually after 10 or more 'zone' changes.

Adrian Styles wrote:

Also getting this error.

Happens when teleporting and entering/leaving terminals, though not as frequent, usually after 10 or more 'zone' changes.

This.

Yup, me too.  afaik it does not generate a crashlog.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

7 (edited by starchura 2011-06-29 20:44:41)

same for me  hmm

each time or after 2 or 3 teleports or dock/leave station

windows 7 64 bits.

8 (edited by Jerag 2011-06-29 20:47:45)

same for me.  no run time error but client crashes after approx 10 teleport/terminal changes

Win7 x64 , ATI 5750 Catalyst 11.5

sends a crash log afterwards

This is the same for everyone.
When you teleport around enough the client just crashes, hangs or locked up.

is this being looked into?

and no solution ?

EACH 3 Teleport / dock / undock IS VERY BORING

BoyC is working on it. It's not as simple as just "Make it use less memory" as he's probably have to scrap the old system and make a new one.

I'm updating on the situation in the other thread, please post in that one.
I'll lock this thread for simplicity.