Topic: New Player - Manufacturing

Hey all,

I've been playing Perpetuum for about a day and I chose to take the manufacturing route. So far I have done the basic tutorials and whatnot this evening. I read that trial players have no access to the economy (which I assume manufacturing is all about.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to experience the manufacturing part of the game while on the trial, as that will be the defining decision for me if I want to keep playing ( I'm more of a crafter than a fighter.)

Also, about manufacturing ... is it true that you can create your own structures and produces goods on them? Are there any other neat features that come with manufacturing?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Re: New Player - Manufacturing

I don't have much info on it but...

If you hunt some of the Drones out in the fields, you will find Drone Kernels that drop.  Take them into the Terminal, right-click and "research".  That will teach you how to make some things.  It's percentage based - 100% means you can make that item.  Less than 100% means you still need to learn how to make it, so you need more Kernels.

It seems to automatically advance for a type as you learn.  So you learn basic ammo, then slightly more advanced versions/variations as you keep working that type of Kernel.

There's also some info on how to scan for "artifacts" that you may wish to look up.  And, of course, mining and refining to get the materials.

If/when you decide to subscribe, you can gain access to the market fully and find things to buy and work with as well.

Try to ask people in general chat if they could part with an argano - a mining bot - that way you can see how do you feel mining  (doing that in an arkhe takes a lot of patience).
As for the production - go kill a few arkhes, eat the kernels and do a basic production run. Remember that to make better items (named- Tech II, III, IV) you need skills in prototype making.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Really the best option has to be ammo production, you wont be efficient with the SP avail to a trial char but it is doable solo in a relatively short time frame.

True and with the amount of new people ammo is going to be scarce wink
Julius PM Syndic in-game and ask him for an argano - if he asks anything I wrote a bit in the cir donation topic about that smile

You don't need, or want, to create prototypes for T1 items.

The material costs of a prototype are meant as a gateway system to introduce new modules and bots through the Kernel research system. Once a T1 or standard Bot is available for purchase or if you get once from a drop, you can directly Reverse Engineering that item with a decoder.

The thing to remember, with ammo, is that you need a full production run's worth of the item to create the CT via the Reverse Engineering process. That means you need 1000 rounds to create a CT.

In any event, purchasing 1000 rounds or even the T1 item off the market place will be less expensive then buying the mats to prototype the item.

For ammo and T1, the protoype is not any better then the standard item.

When you start making tiered items, you MUST create a prototype, and that's really where that function is used.

Thanks for the replies everyone. They were really helpful.

So, the ultimate goal of a production and manufacturing oriented spark is to set up it's own structures and mass produce many amounts of goods I take it, then?

@Norrdec Thanks for the offer ... I may take you up one that! smile Is an Argano a different type of robot, different from the one I have now?

Argano is the first industrial robot available to players, with 3 mining arms. It's gonna help a bit before you get into a termis.