Topic: Fits?

Hello, new player here. I've been looking around the forum for cookie-cutter fits for pve and pvp, but couldn't find any. Can someone point me to the right direction? Proper fitting is half the battle, and I don't want to lose before starting.:/

Do perpentuum players don't circulate around fits? Can anyone post any good pve and pvp fits?

Re: Fits?

There's not a dedicated subforum for that yet (though I hope one is created soon). Perhaps you can be more specific what you're trying to fit and I'm sure some helpful minds can aid you.

While many PVP corps do 'black-out' fits in their image posts, there are plenty of helpful players that can point you in the right direction.

Fits could be a great addition to the Foom Wiki too.

There's not any 'single' fit per bot, or even per role, as it's highly dependant on your current extension levels.

In general, for PVE, you'll want to fit a Small repper and a Sensor amp. Most will fit a Light weight frame (LWF) too, but your leg slots are limited, so some will switch out the frame for armor - and deal with the super slowness.

PVP - Someone else can help you, not much for it myself smile

For PVE, you use sensor amplifier you can target long than npc s and you just stay away that target range and shoot range and you can loot easy.

I think you dont an EVE refugee, because if you are you know there isnt cooki-cutter fitts for PVP, just fits against other fit and bot tipes against bot tipes like yellow > blue > green > yellow  (> : can beat easily).
So i don t know fit for PVP just what your enemy and fit against. Or be the quicker and you dont cathced.

I like my Yagel with lasers I can run 97. And has range 220 m

(Sorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy my bad English :S)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

2 sensor amps so you can lock the target faster than anyone else around (extensions and higher tier amps apply, but you want all the advantage you can get).  Fill the rest with weapon tunings to get more pew pew.  Low slots fit a lightweight frame so you can kite the mobs out of their locking range, repairer in case you take damage, and if you have any more slots fit an armor hardener to protect against your enemies primary damage or your lowest resistance.

->You just lost The Game<-

Pfft, Neoxx, your not even over 1000 posts yet >:)

Actually, yes, I am an Eve refugee.:P

In eve, pvp fit varies, but there are optimal fits based on typical role for the boat. Cane would be speed kiting, Brutix for glass cannon, Drake for buffered long range blob dps, etc.

For now, I'm looking for pointers on pve ratting fits for Assault bots. Haven't decided which race to commit to yet, or know if one race is better than others for pve. Pvp can come later. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I run dual sensor amps on my Baphomet head slots, 5 Lasers (no Missle launcher, you can fit one but it's too heavy and you have to waste cargo space with expensive missles, not to mention the range is different and screws up your alpha strike). LWF, Small repper, and hardener specific to bot I'm hunting.

If your going to rat light bots with an assault, I suggest using a weapon stab instead of a hardener. Or better yet, keep the hardener and put a remote rep on a sequar alt sitting on your farm can. Lasers have great precision, but even small lasers can miss light bots without a good Precision skill and/or the weapon stab.

A small rep isn't going to keep you alive, it's simply to allow you to top off your armor between pulls. This is true regardless of the faction.

Missle faction is probably the better PVP choice, because the Line of sight issues are less pronounced.

In any case, farm your opposite faction with the correct damage ammo type, and it will be a pleasant rat. Same faction farming for mods is tough, as you both have the same strengh's/weakness.