Topic: Plex

many of my friends from eve played eve without paying real money. this is because they had lots and lots of time, but not very much money IRL. here's how they did it:

1) grind lots and lots of moneys in game
2) buy "plex" (pilots liscence extension) from people who had IRL $$$, but not enough time to grind to support their pvp habit or whatever.

plex was purchasable for real cash, and represented a month's sub. the rich IRL players purchase this with real money to sell ingame to people with lots of game money and time so they can all play more happily.

the difference between this and the NEX market they are considering is this, the rich player could only buy stuff from the market that players had made, and the isk did not come from nowhere. in the current model of the NEX store, players can buy stuff that pops out of nowhere (no manufacturing) that they can still sell on the market.

here's the important question, after all that explaining: can your timecodes in Perpetuum be legally traded for ingame money? if so, many of my friends will happily switch. if not, then they may have to kick the MMO habit altogether.

/witty sig

2 (edited by ShadowGod56 2011-06-27 15:41:24)

Re: Plex

I'm actually quite interested in this myself being an eve player that used plex to keep his accounts going

i would love to see something like this in perpetuum (but would still pay you guys cause your worth it cool )

There is no need to explain, most of the perpetuum community have played or know about how PLEX works at the least. big_smile

In a nutshell: In this game you pay $$, then play or get a trial every 15 days ( not recommended for psychological reasons).

There is not RMT issue in this game so I guess there is not need atm maybe never. Even if implemented now there would be little demand too small a player base imo.

Pay and support it, they need it to make this game great!

aka celebro

It would be funny as hell if we got something like this, and someone found a way to make enough money to buy one of these in the 15 day trial period.

->You just lost The Game<-

orb, while its great you support that, i think we've already got a system where ingame money can be traded for unused timecodes, i just want to know if it is legal.

seriously, and eighth of everyone i know from eve online stayed subbed from plex, and since people are still buying the timecodes, you Avatar guys still get money.

/witty sig

6 (edited by Norrdec 2011-06-27 15:52:28)

I also had times when I couldn't play mmo's because I didn't have the money, but personally I don't like this idea in any game. How about getting a job at anywhere? I mean it, not troll. 10$ a months is like 8h of work in Poland and we are the poor country with PLN and not Euro tongue

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

its too early to think about perp plex.

theres not enough market activity yet. too much demand but not enough offers to feed the masses.

8 hours of work for $10? Damn, that's like 30 minutes in Sweden with average sallary.

I dont like this idea. What it will give is new players running around with crazy amounts of NIC just because older players in bigger robots are making more NIC and want to play the game for free.

Proud member of New Eden Exiles, SQUID Alliance.

10 (edited by Orbelea 2011-06-27 15:57:21)

Jaik3 wrote:

orb, while its great you support that, i think we've already got a system where ingame money can be traded for unused timecodes, i just want to know if it is legal.

seriously, and eighth of everyone i know from eve online stayed subbed from plex, and since people are still buying the timecodes, you Avatar guys still get money.

I really don't know about its legality. How much nic would you be willing to pay for a timecode? I have been around since game launch I would'nt even be able to afford 200-300million nic anyways to play for free.  what are you going to buy with that? The market is not us developed as eve.

Btw 1 account costs with exchange rate slight less than 1 british pound a day that not much really.

aka celebro

Orbelea wrote:
Jaik3 wrote:

I really don't know about its legality. How much nic would you be willing to pay for a timecode? I have been around since game launch I would'nt even be able to afford 200-300million nic anyways to play for free.  what are you going to buy with that? The market is not us developed as eve.

Btw 1 account costs with exchange rate slight less than 1 british pound a day that not much really.

9€ per 30 days = 8£ per 30 days

so it's 0.27£ per day. It's quite a bit less than 1£ a day.

12 (edited by Mouse Tiger 2011-06-27 16:04:50)

I think PLEX would be good. The ability to play for free attracts many people.

Orbela - a pound buys about 4 days play

You could already to time-code trading, yeah.
But its not really supported and the legality is questionable.
Never heard of anyone doing it here.

What someone does with a redeem code is up to them. You will not see those codes on the in-game market. If you are able to work out a deal with another player that is your business.

Currently subscription codes are separate from Perpetuum. Currently there are no plans to introduce that in game.

Gasoline wrote:

I dont like this idea. What it will give is new players running around with crazy amounts of NIC just because older players in bigger robots are making more NIC and want to play the game for free.

A single newb toon with an Sequor can make 500k-1m per hour without really trying hard within their first day.  A single newb toon with a Laird can do the same, with just a bit more effort.  The extensions to drive either can be gained almost immediately after character generation.

Affording either takes time, but is definately do-able.

I'm not sure if they (DEV) have stated explicitly or not whether trading NIC for unused codes is legal or not, but I don't see an issue with it. I don't think they need to facilitate the transactions and such for you though. I don't know of it being done, and haven't seen anyone advertising to buy/sell them in game, so I'm not sure this has really been brought up.

In the event you get scammed, I'm sure they will not provide any official support for the situation.

It is my opinion that how they made the timecode system, they had this in mind for the players to do.

I'm not sure if they (DEV) have stated explicitly or not whether trading NIC for unused codes is legal or not, but I don't see an issue with it. I don't think they need to facilitate the transactions and such for you though. I don't know of it being done, and haven't seen anyone advertising to buy/sell them in game, so I'm not sure this has really been brought up.

In the event you get scammed, I'm sure they will not provide any official support for the situation.

It is my opinion that how they made the timecode system, they had this in mind for the players to do.

Gasoline wrote:

So?  What are they going to do with that NIC?  They wont be able to pilot larger mechs, and I doubt they'd have fitting skills to fit an assault with high tier equipment.  I dont see why this is a bad thing, as its not like NIC is being generated out of nothing, that NIC was still made by some other legitimate means in the game.

The best part is that trading for codes always involves the devs getting that money for the code.  You're not sidestepping the devs and making money on your own, although if you wanted to sell the codes you got for your NIC for money I dont see a problem with that either.

->You just lost The Game<-

19 (edited by Koos 2011-06-27 16:32:42)

I spoke to Dev Gargaj yesterday on this: he stated clearly it is against the EULA. Since game is not up, I can't post his statement. However I want to post my support for time code trading here, and ask the devs to reconsider. Not that I want to buy them, I want to sell them. Since I normally don't have many hours to play, I use it to afford my PvP habit.

I think the key to this is to set a NIC value to a code that will not break the economy, and make it worthwhile for the seller too. I have too little knowledge and experience of this game to make any suggestions.

20 (edited by Alexander 2011-06-27 16:31:25)

I see no issue with allowing time code to be sold for NIC as long as a secure system is put in place to do so.

I'd expect the first few to sell for 120 million NIC (30 days). Issue is most people have got themselves a good few months sub because it's so much cheaper big_smile

Price would just settle according to supply and demand.
There would be no problems there.

Anilusion wrote:
Orbelea wrote:
Jaik3 wrote:

9€ per 30 days = 8£ per 30 days

so it's 0.27£ per day. It's quite a bit less than 1£ a day.

So true, you are correct roll was calculating per week instead of monthly.

aka celebro

23 (edited by Gasoline 2011-06-27 16:55:23)

Neoxx wrote:
Gasoline wrote:

So?  What are they going to do with that NIC?  They wont be able to pilot larger mechs, and I doubt they'd have fitting skills to fit an assault with high tier equipment.  I dont see why this is a bad thing, as its not like NIC is being generated out of nothing, that NIC was still made by some other legitimate means in the game.

The best part is that trading for codes always involves the devs getting that money for the code.  You're not sidestepping the devs and making money on your own, although if you wanted to sell the codes you got for your NIC for money I dont see a problem with that either.

The problem is that they didn't do anything else for the NIC then pay real life cash.
I understand the point that the NIC is not from some magical source and another guy has worked for it but when looking from just a newb perspective, giving new player another source to get NIC then playing the game can kill the game in many ways.

Proud member of New Eden Exiles, SQUID Alliance.

Keep in mind the cycle for a plex is still

$$ -> Plex -> NIC

So perpetuum never loses a $10 monthly fee as it has to be purchased by a rich player such as myself. And players with less pocket money and more time can buy the timecodes for NIC.

Eve players, I will sponsor as many timecodes as I can for a 1 month startup in the game(probably 10 or so). I will gift them, I assume no dev will have issue with that. I expect nothing in return, please make contact in game.

Oh PLEASE NO! This will be the time i quit perp also. Damnit. There's COMPLETELY NO SENSE IN ADDING PLEX SYSTEM HERE FFS.