Re: Original Intent Lost?

Kogaratsu wrote:
Jerokane wrote:

It's people like you that should be insta banned from these forums. You are nothing but a troll! And do more harm this game than good!

Meet the M2S.

That said, if you weren't whining, there'd be less people trolling you. Inane whining tend to make the troll population go higher, considering there aren't much more in term of valable response to such clueless shenanigans.

In short: please keep on whining on things that don't need fixing, this is clearly going to help the development process.

It does need fixing. As there need to be a consequence for your actions.

You want to be criminal? Fine! No problem. When you try to steal / hack someone else his stuff. Then there should be concequences. Like getting criminally flagged and open you up for attack and retaliation.

27 (edited by Jelan 2010-12-01 00:57:02)

Jerokane wrote:

It's people like you that should be insta banned from these forums. You are nothing but a troll! And do more harm this game than good!

Carebear spotted!

Elric Melnibone wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

If you want a PvP option to get your stuff back then maybe you should mine on the PvP islands.

So your telling me I shouldn't have the option to use a container in relative safety on the non-pvp islands...?

I believe in risk vs reward there is no risk involved in hacking a container only reward.

Oh really? And wheres the risk in mining on an alpha isle?

29 (edited by Arg 2010-12-01 02:12:43)

Elric Melnibone wrote:

So you can put a 4 digit code in and wham your into a container. 

Is it just me or doesn't this seem like too little security for a container that is meant as a holding pattern for the haulers to pickup from?

No option for PvP to take back/defend stolen resources.

The fact that a macro can be made to brute force this in a short amount of time.

And that's if they don't plainly use the unlimited time and unlimited attempts to just guess the code anyway, I mean 4 digits?!?

I like the conflict, being able to hack someone's loot or container brings.  But with no recourse or way to stop them from doing what they are doing.  This seems to lend more to one attempt per person per container or rather this can only be attempted in a PvP hot zone etc.

The way it stands well it just makes using the containers to stage for haulers completely pointless and very much unusable.

I don't think their needs to be ingame PVP adjustments, the out of game attitude towards it works well enough. Though I do think it should be a 1-32 alphanumeric case sensitive password.

Kiriaths Little Helper wrote:
Elric Melnibone wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

If you want a PvP option to get your stuff back then maybe you should mine on the PvP islands.

So your telling me I shouldn't have the option to use a container in relative safety on the non-pvp islands...?

I believe in risk vs reward there is no risk involved in hacking a container only reward.

Oh really? And wheres the risk in mining on an alpha isle?

If you store your ore in a container someone can take it and you can't stop them.  Did you read the OP?