Topic: continents

forgive this fresh eve noob for posting something that has probably been posted. smile

is the entire planet a huge island chain? or does Nia have some major landmasses? i rather miss the hugeness that we had in eve, not only could you fly in any direction for an inifnite amount of time, there were some several thousand systems to play in.

You developers could probably look at some areas in California for inspiration. coastline, forests, deserts, mountains, California has a lot of it.

you might have to, i'm one of many. your servers don't seem to have enough real estate for us atm, it'll be a matter of time till the islands are gonna feel crowded too

while i'm posting, have you guys discussed aircraft?

/witty sig

Re: continents

At the moment there are only 3 out of 6 Beta islands that are populated to any degree at all. I think theres still a way to go before we reach overcrowding on Beta. wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Large continents with cities will be great! And less teleports, more travelling. Maybe as a part of terraformng (and btw with terraforming we will be able to doit ourselves)

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

i think seamless continents will be possible at some point of developement. Just think its more a server bandwidth issue then the programming part of it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Lore allows for much larger Islands, but Nia is a populated world, and if we did happen to open a TP to a continent, we would quickly be over run with protector bots as they retake what is rightfully theirs.

I'm not sure how I feel about this lore, as it strikes a little to close to what the English did to the native americans, including 'infected' blankets, ie viruses that allowed us to gain a foothold.

But its sci-fi so we can probably just let it pass.