1 (edited by AngryMusheen 2011-06-27 01:53:36)

Topic: Thank you (another Eve player thread)

flashy-red eve pirate here.

First, thanks to all the GM's, devs, and PO players who have witnessed some explosive growth of your game suddenly and welcomed us with open arms. It is a good feeling to be 'hugged' after what we've all been going through at eve (as ridiculous as it sounds because it is just a stupid video game that has no bearing on our real lives).

Second, and I only speak for myself, I am very concerned and aware of the possible backlash from the existing player base. I and my friends who have arrived have no plans of trying to 'take over' your game. I know it must be kind of worrying that within two days we Eve players have formed the largest corp in the game, and might try to force the direction of this very young virtual world to something that you are all not wanting. I cannot guarantee this won't (or will) happen, but I am aware of it, not that it really means anything coming from a nobody peon like me. I would be concerned as well, especially knowing exactly what kind of 'people' we are and what kind of 'environment' we are coming from.

Thankfully, we Eve refugees don't seem to be wanting to push for anything at the moment other than Eve devs getting pants off head so we can return home. Which is a whole new potential problem. How angry would everyone be if we suddenly tripled your server load, rabbled until we got some changes we wanted (but you didn't), only to abandon you and go back to Eve. Yeah, it wouldn't be fun at all. Again, can't guarantee that this won't happen, but hopefully all of us new Eve refugees will be respectful of what is already in place here at PO...at least for a while.

I've paid my first month, and I'm enjoying it so far. The help you all have been giving us is being reciprocated by all of us learning from you then showing the ropes to all the new refugees. This is how a proper community is built to last. It won't always be this pretty, the honeymoon will soon wear off, but for now, this is just like when I joined Eve in beta....I got to be a voice and a pioneer of sorts that helped in my own small way to build Eve into what it is (well, look at that with a bright view instead of the stormy, dark view a lot of us hold at this very moment).

I can't say what I think should be done to PO to make it even better as I am too new, too inexperienced to fully grasp what PO is truly about, and what it has the possibility to become. I won't try to be that a-hole at all, but if players, devs, gm's, etc ask me or any of us really, I think over time as we begin to learn the new system, we'll have valuable input. Of course a lot of us will spew trash and idiotic suggestions, and then scream like children (and threaten to quit) when we don't get our way, that is the unfortunate truth of what and who we are. Again, for now, let us continue to be happy that things are changing, growing a bit (a lot!!!).

We've been through so much at Eve for so many years that a software problem keeping players from logging in is not even worth a thought to us. You want pitchforks and torches? That will come, mark my words, but not over something so minuscule as this. We are well known for erupting in rage over the slightest, most stupid things, but we'll keep our fury in check until something really worth losing our tempers comes along.

I'm hopeful Eve will change their ways so I can go back to my long-term marriage with them. I have a feeling that a huge number of us Eve refugees feel the same way. This does make me sad, because it not only gets the hopes of this developer and community up for possibly nothing except a huge fall, but also because I truly am liking this game a lot. I can't honestly say where I will be in a month, three months, a year from now.

I'd like to imagine that I'm still playing PO with a great group of friends, and that we have many good fights and fun times for a while down the road. I'm hopeful that I can be part of a good foundation of community in this game, even if it is just a small part like me helping a nooblet figure out how to shoot the damn robot he spent three minutes figuring out how to lock in the first place. I'm actually hopeful that we see some of the great sandbox gameplay emerge in the future, and that the scams, metagaming, wars and such all come about...it gives us a feeling of 'home' and could very well become a permanent home for a lot of us.

PO needs a lot of work. I won't go into exactly what, as my opinions differ greatly from everyone else's. Eve needed a lot of work when I started there as well, and look how it grew. There simply is nothing like Eve in the game universe. I'd really like to be a part of that here at PO, and I'll do my best to keep my rabble-rousing to a minimum, while trying to be constructive and helpful. No guarantees, after all, I'm from a game that basically has this one single page in its bible:

Rules of Eve
1. Trust NO ONE
2. Don't fly what you cannot afford to lose
3. Trust NO ONE (weren't you %#@$# LISTENING TO #1???)

Hope to see everyone in the game, again hope we end up having lots of good fights, wars, espionage, etc. Thanks for welcoming us, it really means a lot, and I apologize if we do abandon you at some point. Sometimes our spouse breaks our arm, blacks our eye, puts us in the hospital. Sometimes we just keep going back to them because for some stupid reason, we love them, and hope they'll change before we end up in a coffin.Hopefully for a lot of us, this is a new permanent home and we won't wreck it too much wink

AngryMusheen/KrustyKrab

PS Internet Robotz is becoming Serious Business

Re: Thank you (another Eve player thread)

Those rules apply here as well.  Except..... we dont fly big_smile

->You just lost The Game<-

The troll powers are strong with this one.

Could it be a bunch of NC people who're upset about losing their homes?

I haven't been around for the past few days, so I dunno what's up in game... but I think I have a reason now to log in and find out big_smile

More people is a good thing, usually.

Nah never been a nullbear. Been a highsec carebear and then a lowsec piratebear for a while.

More people is definitely going to be good for everyone that was here before the Eve exodus in terms of pvp. Going to be funny getting slaughtered by long-term PO players that we outnumber just because we have no clue or tactics yet lol.

As for who the Eve players are...from all I can tell they/we kind of make up just about every type of person...carebears, nullbears, scambears, trollbears, griefbears, whateverbears you want to think of. It doesn't matter much, my enemies in Eve are my enemies in Eve. Hoping to make a lot of new enemies here wink  (the pvp type, not the trolling forums type lol)

I can honestly say I'm not going back, I biomassed my character, there is nothing worth going back to. This game shows promise, and I hope to spend at least as many years playing it as I did that other MMO, hopefully more.

Everything flows; nothing stands still. -Heraclitus

I will not be going back to Eve. There is a point beyond which I will not support a game/developer again. To those planning to go back, my warning is that it is only a matter of time before CCP will prove again how little you matter to them. Keep in mind that the people that cancelled are only a small % of the total number of accounts. What you say, and what you do, matters little. CCP knows full well how much people are tied up into their Eve hobby. They rely on the fact that your virtual money and goods that you have invested years of time in keeps you there. They will do what they want because the majority of players do not care.

I have been looking around at different options (WoW even), and I found this game to be closest to the game type I am willing to play. I have initially subbed for 3 months, as I believe that is the minimum amount of time required to properly assess a game. So far I am having some fun - it is hard to be a noob once again.

Happy and safe crawling eve refugees.

\/\/elcome to Nia.

i'm not blueing the locals yet, they all look like guys from C+P:P

/witty sig

heh, yeah and a lot of us that flew with or were corp/alliance mates with those C&P types (Helicity, Lady Spank, etc). We been asking Heli how long before he starts ganking mining mechs wink

I wish to echo the OP. Thank you, as soon as my new toon logs in I get a PM from a GM, we talk for a bit about the game, any concerns I have. After that I close the chat knowing he has more imporant things todo. But based on that and that alone I went ahead and sub. I can live with a lot of little bugs, but top notch CS will win me over every time.

Once again, Thank you for the new home.

AngryMusheen wrote:

heh, yeah and a lot of us that flew with or were corp/alliance mates with those C&P types (Helicity, Lady Spank, etc). We been asking Heli how long before he starts ganking mining mechs wink

gonna have to come up with a new name, cause ____ageddon won't work, as none of the high level indy bots have single sylabol names.

and please do this, this carebear loves to see the competition wither and fall away.

/witty sig

There have been plenty of players that have already attempted to change the game, some made good arguements and the change was accepted, others didn't do such a good job and were disappoint(ed).

This isn't our game, we're just playing it like everyone else. We are however very in tune with the Dev manifesto and the sense of trying to keep the game balanced, even if it doesn't benefit us.

Suggest, argue, and together we'll make the game better.

As for taking over the world, that's what part of the game is all about, many PVP'ers would be sad if you didn't try!

Thanks for your honesty and enjoy your stay, however long it may last. We'll be working hard to keep you here for a while though yarr

I am going nowhere this has been refreshing experience for me, i think that the sandbox belongs to the players that developers are simply the guardians. This history and lore and all events in the sandbox are player driven.

CCP has lost sight of that, and i no longer trust them with it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Thanks for your honesty and enjoy your stay, however long it may last. We'll be working hard to keep you here for a while though yarr

Attentive CS and talkative no nonsense developers are a great way to get that going. Eve players gripe about a lot of Eve stuff, but the biggest three issues were communication, communication, communication. Everything else stemmed from that failing.

You guys should consider setting up a player representative body to bandy concepts with in the near future. CCP treated it like an eleventh toe, but it's a great way to have a calm and deliberative player body for you to bounce ideas off of and to bring issues to your attention.

I for one am here to stay.  I have already subbed and will be staying permantely to PO.  It has the base game play I want (sandbox, and RL time skill)

signed

Soon to be created Bolsterbomb

P.S. I am an ex -eve person if you didnt figure that out.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Appreciate the reply, and really appreciate again the warm welcome. Seems we will be here a while, about 10 of us so far from our Eve pirate alliance, with more becoming interested as they log on to voice comms and listen to us going on and on about PO.

So like anything, word of mouth is worth more than anything else, and for now, we are thoroughly enjoying the new experience. We made a corp, have been pulling in guys (encouraging them to just pay for a month and see what they think as well as allowing them to join corp and use the markets properly).

It reminds me of Eve in teh sense that most of us have spent years training nooblets how to play the game, but it is odd to be the nooblet myself lol. Fun though.

We getting group pve going just so everyone can learn the ropes and figure out how to move, target, explode etc lol. We've already tackled some of the tougher NPC bots on the noob island, and very happy that the NPC's are not 'static' (at least to us coming from Eve where normal NPC's are very 'dumb', PO NPC's seem more like Sleepers in that they will switch targets, EW, neut, web (demobilize) etc. Also nice to see NPC's have gang tactics (I chased a %#$@# EW bot that was breaking my locks repeatedly and he ran away, leading me back into a much bigger mob lol)

Anyway, I guess I wasn't sure how popular it would be with our gang at first, but because we are all playing it and having a good time, more and more of our guys are giving it a shot. So that's a good sign, but in the meantime we still trying to be careful of not being rude, obnoxious guests wink

I second this. Ex-Eve player too, and came over here looking for sanctuary, while/if CCP get their act together. Liking it so far, even with all the rough edges and brutal noob gameplay...ammo is expensive!
Fun little thing...i'm feeling the same bond with my Castel that i felt with my first Omen cruiser in Eve...i'll be sad when it inevitably goes boom.
Well done AC.

Thank you for your Post,

I think, one thing to mention is, that perpetuum is already probably 80-90% full of ex-EvE players, since launch, incl. me. So we all know where you are coming from and are very happy to have you here. I am looking very much forward, to the new opportunities, political landscape, dramas, alliances, friends and foes smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

I for one am not going back to EvE. I've not spent enough time here to figure out what niche I get to fit in.

Just trying to get a grip on it. Doing some missions...might try mining.

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is pure, unadultearated VIOLENCE.

Mining really hits it stride when your in a group on vent ... or in the equivalent of null sec, otherwise it's a means to an end; you can make very good NIC even as a solo miner.

OP seems to have gotten the impression we would be letting anyone go back to eve?

Because the voices told me to do it.

-.-

All your players belong to us...

so, now that server is down for patch, I'll just spam here a bit. We got our first 'indy' player who is building ammo or making blueprints or equiv (still learning the terms) and he's already started on ammo, which as another poster said, is extremely expensive for noobs like us, and with all the pve to grind up some NIC for those shiny assault mechs and EW mechs it seems like he's having a good time at it learning and such, and it will help the corp quite a bit (damn spammy missile bots in our corp...its like drake train all over again haha).

We were hoping to get someone to try out indy stuff, so far so good. All that 'junk' we were picking up out of loot cans finally has a use other than selling on the market lol