Topic: Ex Eve player wanting to know more

Hi all,

What with all the crap CCP threw into all eve players face many people are now cancelling subscriptions and looking for new adventures to endelve in, hence why I am here big_smile

I'd like to know; being a noobie (o gwad again?), what I can expect from this game?

-Swren

Re: Ex Eve player wanting to know more

Swren wrote:

Hi all,

What with all the crap CCP threw into all eve players face many people are now cancelling subscriptions and looking for new adventures to endelve in, hence why I am here big_smile

I'd like to know; being a noobie (o gwad again?), what I can expect from this game?

-Swren

Fairly open question, but I'll give it a shot.

Well, in some regards it is indeed quite similar to eve, with a sandbox at core, though with robots instead of space ships. The industry is well developed, in terms of PvE there is missioning (boring) and artefact scanning (fun). There are safe alpha islands (similar to 1.0 I guess) and beta islands for PvP (like 0.0).

It is of course worthwhile to point out that the game has only been out for 6-7 months, while eve has had 8 years or so. Hence, many features are still to come, but the developers have a very open dialogue with the players of what to expect. Have a look at http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/

Other than that, if you have played eve, you know that these games do require some patience in the beginning, as the learning curve is steep. But there is a very friendly and helpful community here to aid.

3 (edited by Alexadar 2011-06-25 20:39:39)

What PO have now: complex crafting system, one persistent world,dynamic PvP with LOS and other stuff, basic territiorial control.
What PO will have in non-distant future: Player builded structures (cities), terraforming, much complex crafting, 2 new lines of bots, extended territorial control.

TERRAFORMING!!!!!!???????

I am so bringing EVERYONE I know into this game!! big_smile:D:D

Hello Swren smile

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Other than that, if you have played eve, you know that these games do require some patience in the beginning, as the learning curve is steep. But there is a very friendly and helpful community here to aid.

When I was looking at this. the learning curve don't seem that steep. It took me an hour or so and I got the hang of it. I'm waiting for the devs to figure out a fix for the cap. I don't mind the wait, since I'm getting ep for doing nothing.

A current EVE player and very very possibly an Ex-EVE player in the very near future.  I as well am wanting more info into PO.  The server issue hit the day I DL'd the client, so have had no time to get into the game...